Wot no Forza Italia meet up this year? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Wot no Forza Italia meet up this year?

Does anyone know if there will be another meet this year?
The last two years were great events both well represented despite last years dodgy weather.
You guys who organised it did a great job, so is it going to happen again? Please please??

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I've been the last 2 years and it's a great meet. Any news anybody?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Question Who's up for the challenge ?

Good idea chaps..

Warren organised the first one and I did last years, as Warren sold his bike and got out of MV's..

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23072&highlight=meeting

I reckon it's time someone else took the baton and organises this years 2010 meet up.

It would be nice to keep the tradition going, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a Forza Italia.

I spoke to Forza and Moto GB about a 2010 meet up, and yes it would be great to have it at our usual venue, but the problem is that this years Silverstone schedule is fully booked with Moto GP, F1, WSB, BSB, British Touring car, and most Saturdays are already taken..

Moto GB are doing BSB, Goodwood and a few already booked events, so their schedule is pretty full.

I can't see why we still don't try and organise a UK MV meeting, but maybe pick a different venue and use it as a ride out as well..

We could for example meet at short notice at the NEC Motorbike museum or Duxford Imperial War museum and then organise a ride out to somewhere nice where we could all park up and have something to eat and drink..

There is a possibility that Forza might do something towards the end of September, but they currently haven't got anything arranged in the pipe line.

Alternatively, at short notice we could look at the weather forecast and the Silverstone events calender on any Thursday, and if both appear to be clear, all head down to Forza and play it by ear..

The guys at Forza said it's okay to use them as a base and they don't need any notice. We're all welcome to turn up when we want, and they have several of the new F4's & Brutale's in stock.

Someone could be Mum for the day and make the tea's and coffee's , and we could all bring our own biscuits. Sorted !

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the update JDS! Certainly a good idea to consider a meet up at a museum.
We could perhaps tie it in with an event, such as the Gaydon Car Museum hosts an Italian Day. I guess going to an event thats primarily a cars may not be everyone's cup of tea, but being Italian there is usually some awesome kit there, and a gathering of MV's would certainly add interest!

I'll check some dates.. as to whats on and where....can't promise how much time I can put into this, but certainly appreciate the time you guys put into the last two years.
Tont

...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Banned

what about the MV track day the the MV UK owners club sort out at cadwell? when do they do that,maybe use that if they are doing it again and if we have not missed it?????
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

That was in August and I recall it was combined with the Beezumph rally....not sure if it was held last year.....this year the Beezumph is in Anglesey.....no sign of an MV Track Day at Cadwell....unless someone knows otherwise!

...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:58 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tont View Post
That was in August and I recall it was combined with the Beezumph rally....not sure if it was held last year.....this year the Beezumph is in Anglesey.....no sign of an MV Track Day at Cadwell....unless someone knows otherwise!

Correctamundo !

The Beezumph is next month and the venue has been moved to Anglesey.. Last time I spoke to Mark from the MV owners club, he was struggling to get sufficient interest and funds to organise a UK MV track day and was thinking of doing a combined meeting with another club.

I'm going to the Beezumph for the first time with some friends this year, as one of them has a old disused quarry slate mine and cottage in Wales.

They're all entered in the Anglesey event and so we've arranged to combine a weeks holiday riding around the valleys and the Beezumph.

With regards to doing something of our own with the forum get together, I can tell you from personal experience, it would be easier to organise a Barmitsfa in the main Mosque in down town Mecca, and I'm not talking about the Bingo hall in Luton.

I suppose after this post I'll have a Fatwā out on me.

I reckon we should just wing this years UK MV Agusta get together, and organise a last minute thing when we get a run of good hot dry weather.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 06-17-2010 at 08:34 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 02:36 PM

I will keep an eye open and hope to meet up with a few again, I just need to head North lol

Not met many MV owners this rear. Met a chap at Jacks Hill cafe, showed him the T shirt and gave him details last month

Saw a nice F4 at the Bike track day at Brands yesterday.....( I was on my Street)

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
You could all come up (or down depending on where you live) to Yorkshire to my place for tea and biscuits. We have some nice biking roads close by. I'd certainly be up for a bimble to Cadwell if I'm not working.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode