North Georgia Ride..... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
North Georgia Ride.....

To Be Announced soon.... thinking of late July or so.... thoughts?

Right now the LEO's are heavy on the roads. Blood Mountain is the most watched right now. I got a report of LEO's writing over 300 tickets last weekend, with roughly 40-50 patrol cars throughout the usual backroads.

Tickets were wrote for 5mph over!!
Our old friend in the helicopter was on site and helping to create road blocks for fleeing riders

I know when I got my ticket for improper tag location, the judge stated his aggrivation with the State patrol's and local LEO's for hammering down on what he termed "non-violations" and threw out my ticket (plus 5 others that were there for the same thing).
I do know that the Lumpkin County court house is so small that traffic court is handled out of the Judges office!

So... if anyone heads to the mountains of North Ga, be really careful and watch for the speed traps!

Post here if interested in a mini-meet of T.W.O. for lunch, then a short spin.

If at first you don't succeed, use a hammer instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM

I'm down lmk.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 04:01 AM

Sounds like a pain! Good thing though you can head straight past TWOs and dont turn at the corner store and you head to Telico Plains that way maybe 45min up and you still have good roads and mostlikely away from the Fife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Good for that judge...glad he tossed your ticket. They probably hoped you would just pay and not fight.
I'm up for a ride. Didn't see any Leos on Richard Russell when I was up there last week.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 AM

folks, the wife's family is having a family reunion the week after July 4th, based in Tellico Plains. I'll be trailering both bikes (K1200S & the F4 1000) so if anyone's up for playing guide any of those days I'll be indebted. Hopefully this LEO thing is on the GA side only?

You can't be a real country unless
you have a beer and an airline - it
helps if you have some kind of a
football team, or some nuclear
weapons, but at the very least you
need a beer.

--Frank Zappa
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf View Post
folks, the wife's family is having a family reunion the week after July 4th, based in Tellico Plains. I'll be trailering both bikes (K1200S & the F4 1000) so if anyone's up for playing guide any of those days I'll be indebted. Hopefully this LEO thing is on the GA side only?
Hey Jimmy,

I will be there/home the week before the 4th. My RS and F4 are allready there awaiting my return. Any chance you could come down early and play? Good to see you on this site. Hope to see you soon.

R/ DYL-Jim

1999 BMW K1200RS
1999 Kawasaki KLX300R
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S Tri
2018 KTM 390 Duke
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 PM

I'm interested to join, but don't really want to deal with the piggers. Live like 30 minutes from Dahlonega, but have only been up in the mountains once this season. Cops are in full force and even the locals help them (several pick-up truck at strategic places which will call you in with the cops). It's a disgusting display of revenue generation.
All clubs I'm a member of (Ducati & Porsche) complain.
We can either just hang out at TWO or alternatively leave early and go somewhere across the State line.
By the way - the one time i was up there there was a cop car sitting at the little lake next to TWO. Waiting for people to leave the parking lot...

Oh - there's a track day at Road Atlanta on July 3 & 4. Want to meet over there ?

Yves
Fort Worth, TX
Bend, OR

2010 Ducati 1198R Corse LE
2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition

Last edited by yves; 06-14-2010 at 08:15 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Ball & Chain magnet

I'd love to do a track day, but I need to sort out the bike for that. I have also found a small leak coming from ym lower radiator that I need to get fixed

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYL-Jim View Post
Hey Jimmy,

I will be there/home the week before the 4th. My RS and F4 are allready there awaiting my return. Any chance you could come down early and play? Good to see you on this site. Hope to see you soon.
Damn, Jim, can't get there until Monday, the 5th and riding the next 5 days. Sounds like we'll miss each other, sorry brother.

You can't be a real country unless
you have a beer and an airline - it
helps if you have some kind of a
football team, or some nuclear
weapons, but at the very least you
need a beer.

--Frank Zappa
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Ball & Chain magnet

The Dragons tail is scheduled to re-open on July 31st !!!

Let's all hope that people dont' start flocking there adn mess it up for the rest of us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode