Frenaugo and Fast Jimmy do Alcarass - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Frenaugo and Fast Jimmy do Alcarass

The lads took there respective bikes to Spain this last weekend and Frenaugo has become smitten with his 312R again, Fast Jimmy had the RSV4 on track at the same time.

It looked a very even match from my vantage point at the bar.

The weather was absolutely perfect for wanging superbikes around this wonderful circuit which is sited NW of Barcelona. Frenaugo (Ricc) was on full slicks whilst FJ went down the Pirelli Supercorsa-pro route.

30 degrees in the shade with a track temperature of +45 degrees made this perfect beer swilling conditions, and also favourable track day conditions too!!

The MV was hauling ass for 2 days solid, "No Quarter Given" and performed without any issues whatsoever, Ricc is once again smitten with the MV marque after having a bad time a while back with a 1000R he bought.

Fast Jimmy is always on the money (Literally) he goes like shit off a shovel on anything he rides, the RSV4 is no exception, but I have to say in all honesty that he just couldn't spank Ricc's MV conclusively

So all in all the lads had a great time, and I did too thanks to all concerned. My role on this trip was primarily that of (Tongue in cheek)"Technical Advisor" but did however crack a few laps off riding an RS 250 Aprilia just as a bit of fun.

On Monday night fast Jimmy was lucky to get back to the hotel with both of his kidneys after innocently wandering into the Basque sector of Llieda and deciding to ask some heavy duty dude who I am sure was messing about with a cut-throat razor only seconds before for directions to a restaurant.

Those of you who know FJ will understand when I say he isn't a frightening person in a physical way and looks every bit the tourist when on holiday.

Statements like "Hello, I'm a small lost Manx person can you please help me"

sorta translates into .....................

"Hello I've obviously got a few quid as I have bought a very expensive motorbike all the way from the Isle of Man just to piss about for fun on a race-track nearby, please steal my wallet and kidneys"

Anyhow this is only post # 1 and there are loads of real funny stories that are a right old good laugh

Attached Images

Last edited by adecritten; 04-30-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 01:06 PM

Sitting here sssssssoooooooooooo jealous right now!

The older I get, the faster I was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I am so looking forward to observing "Manxmen" in their natural habitat in a month's time......Hope I don't embarrass the Americans with my slow pace and ineptitude as I endeavor to keep apace with the witty banter and all.

Maybe i will learn to speak proper English? We shall see.

Appears you had a grand time, and happy Fast Jimmy still has his kidneys.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM

Awesome Ade....love it.
That shot of you ............never seen a man more content with life:-)

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 AM

Excuse me!!
Barcelona is not southern Spain!
Get down here where I live in Valencia.
Nearby tracks....Cheste, Albacete, Cartgena, Almeria. And not so far away, Jerez.
Trackday heaven!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:22 AM

Man what a ton of fun!! Is it that inexpensive to ship bikes around Europe like that? Not looking at map to see how close you are to Spain so just curious. Nothing better than drinking beer out of the 5lb mugs!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Lets take a few MV's next time eh!!

For those that shipped bikes from the UK the total cost was £699 which included pretty descent accommodation, track day fees, 2 days on track from 10.00-1400 / 1500-1900hrs with an open pit lane, transponders fitted on the second day and full medical insurance which included all timming and was just an unbelievable extra 20 euros (Terrific value).

There was wot looked like a brand new dynojet 250i bought down by one of the chaps named Iain Emberton http://www.iane.co.uk/about located in the back of a 3 tonner at the paddock, he also provided tyre fitting facilities.

At the Alcarass track itself there was a superb swimming pool, top class restaurant (for a race course that is) showers in the pits, toilet in each pit plus electrics etc. This was pukka!! 2 very good track days which was run and organised very efficiently by a real nice bloke named Charles Van Berckel.

Charles is Based in the UK and his email address is [email protected] or http://www.farside-sportsbiking.co.uk/index.php for anyone that would be interested, I can't praise this bloke enough, it was very well organised, terrific crew of chaps and chapesses (44 in all) and great fun from beginning to end.

I believe there is another event being planned for later this year, so any of you out there that are into tracking your MV, either email Charles directly or me and I'll be happy to mediate. This is a very personal set up and not just the normal commercial track day event.

Last edited by adecritten; 05-01-2010 at 01:39 AM.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Wow....sounds like a well organized event. Wonder what it would add in costs to ship from the US????

Seriously, looks like you all had a great time.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:34 PM

699 for shipping and the 2 trackdays??WTF is going wrong here in the US!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
699 for shipping and the 2 trackdays??WTF is going wrong here in the US!
And the accommodation too!! Which included an all you can eat breakfast and at the end of day 2 as a final farewell a pretty 'top drawer' dinner on the Tuesday evening.

From here in the Isle of Man Alcarass is 1000 miles south.

Attached Images

Last edited by adecritten; 05-01-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode