NYC, Dutchess County, Western CT - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
NYC, Dutchess County, Western CT

Yesterday we had a great 300 mile run.
We started off in Great Neck, NY at 8:30 am and head to CT to meet up with Iamlance.
we rode up via the Cross Island, on to I95 North, to the Hutchinson Parkway North (pretty standard way of getting out of Long Island/Queens and into CT on the Merrit Parkway.

Once we meet up with Gary we headed north on Rt 58 to Marcus Diary in Danbury CT. On Rt 58 we can across a town cop who flashed his headlights at us as if to warn us of cops ahead LOL. I took it as a "hey guys slow down" since we were about 30 miles above speed limit.
Marcus Diary is a motorcycle heaven. Those of you who have never been there you should go check it out at some point. During the summer there is a large amount of motorcycles there every Saturday and Sunday.
After breakfast we headed north to Dutchess County, NY via Rt 39 onto Rt 37 then back onto Rt 39 through Sherman CT all the way to Rt 55 where we headed West into the Empire State. This part of Rt 55 is awesome, pavement is perfect, scenery is great, twisties are starting and getting you warmed up. Much to my delight there was not much debri on the road after the Nor’eastern that hit us the previous weekend. Then we headed North on Rt 22 into Dover, NY

We stopped at a gas station in Dover Plain, NY where we met a couple who had just stated riding together. He was on a 02 Triumph 955i in much need of a new set of tires and she was on a Honda Rebel 250. We told them about motomarathon and they might be participating.
We continued our trip onto Rt 343 which has a switchback going up a hill that is worth the 90 min ride just to get there. We headed into Millbrook, NY where we often see Ferraris and cruisers hanging around. We came out onto Rt 44 and followed that to County Rd 98 and into Country Rd 57. These two country roads are awesome going up and down hills and negotiating tight turns through farmland until we came to Rt 82 and stopped at another gas station in Pine Plains, NY where we decided where to take the ride. I suggested we took it to the top of Rt7 in CT.

With Rt 7 in our objective and the anticipation of Gary's wreackless passing cars on double yellow lines we headed to Canaan, CT via Rt 82 onto Columbia County Road 3. County Road 3 is awesome much like CR57 and CR98 I mentioned earlier. on CR 3 there was a guy tailgating a car so when Gary found a "safe" place to pass we went for it to receive a middle finger from the pistoff tailgater. We headed south on RT 22 onto Rt44 and into suburbia where we found many bikes along the way stopped in front of delis and whatnots. We finally arrived in Canaan, CT at 2pm.

For those of you who have not ridden the northern part Rt 7 going southbound, you should! On Rt 7 the devil came out of me. I passed Gary who was leading on a pretty dick move (sorry about that Gary) and hauled ass down the road passing cars on double yellow on some what blind turns and the funniest of them all (althought I did not think a thing of it at the time until Gary mentioned it to me) I passed a couple on the right as they were weaving to a group of oncoming cruisers. At first they were drifting left so, I couldn't pass there and I sure the hell did not want to slow down, it would have messed up the entry speed so I passed on the right according to Gary I almost became part of an oak tree. We continued down Rt7 until we reached Rt 55 and took the reserve route as before into Danbury.

In Danbury we decided to take the boring ride back as we suspected there was going to be traffic on the Merrit parkway because in the morning they were working on the southbound side clearing off fallen tree from the nor’eastern.
ohh yeah we met a dude at the gas station on a Duc Moster 6(something) who was a total dick and the worst part about it he had about 4" of chicken strips on either side.

We got home at about 5:30pm with a GRIN on my face and ready for a shower followed by a night in Manhattan in good company.

here is a picture of the route
Attached Images

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)

Last edited by Spartukus; 03-21-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:44 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Crazy kids.

Wish I could have made it, but Saturdays are always bad for me.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

we'll make a Sunday run just for you my friend

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:46 PM

Someone gave me the finger???
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
Someone gave me the finger???
If I didn't have to let go of the throtle I would have "high 5ed" him.

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 PM

Damn, sounds like fun. I'll be up that way on easter weekend and can bring my brute for a Saturday ride. I'll be staying with family in New Rochelle. Let me know if something is going on.

best,
Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

There is always something going on. Bring the bike

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Established Member

Sounds like a killer ride. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a little over a month away!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
Sounds like a killer ride. Looking forward to meeting everyone in a little over a month away!
Motomarathon will be much along those same lines. As you can see there was little use of highways with the exception of getting out of town and coming back in. For motomarathon there should be no need to get on a highway, it will be purely backroads

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 PM

Next time u guys make another run, dropped me a PM...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 F4S full Ohlins,RG3 full exhaust, custom tuned by FBF
[COLOR=darkred]
2002 Ducati 998

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode