Cranky Yankee Bubbalicious Party Bus Thread - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Cranky Yankee Bubbalicious Party Bus Thread

This is the place to post if you are riding with us.

1) No need for the wise guys on the forum to ask if it is a short bus.

Beth and I are bringing: Trash bags, lysol, hand soap, Coffee, (we have a Tassimo machine which is pretty cool), sugar, TP, home made bread, one pan of Lazagna (guaranteed to be the most kick ass Lazagna you have ever tried), two bikes, and a tool box which has every tool needed to disassemble an MV Agusta.

Bring what ever you would like to eat or drink.

The plan so far is: Matty will meet at my house Thursday morning and we will load three bikes in the truck and trailer. We plan to drive to Jeff's house and pick up his bike. Or, if you like, Jeff, meet us at Chris's house. We will pick up the RV in Southington at noon. It takes about an hour for the orientation tour. Plan to get to Chris's house by two at the latest. Figure two hours to load the bikes on the trailer, build the enclosure and hook it up to the RV. Leave Chris's house around four.

We have 8 people in the RV and can fit two more. We don't have room for more bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
After Losing to a Busa with NOS at the Marcus Diary show Chris and I left ashamed that we over paid for our bikes, after all busas are the greatest bikes in the world.

I left my bike at Chris' house and I will go back on Tuesday to help him build the enclosure. Thursday morning I will be there again first thing to load up the two bikes that are there. If you guys want drop off the bike the night prior that will make things go faster. By the time you guys get to Chris' house we hope to have his and mine loaded and the enclosure built! The sooner we leave the better. I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas.

We will be bringing fruits, cheese, crackers, pasteries, and disposably plates/utensils.

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
CAG

Lost to a busa with nitrous? Hope the show was not as lame as the vote indicates.

I agree the earlier we get there and the more bikes we get loaded first, the better.

I can trailer both my bikes down on Wed., so that on Thursday all we have to do is load Matty's and Jeff's.

The earliest I can pick up the RV is noon.

Last edited by CAG; 10-04-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:07 PM

the show was a HD/cruise thing. I was not in the mood to ride, something didn't feel right so I just stayed.
All the real riders were out riding! So the lame voting was a reflection of the lame bikes, and riders there (wait I was there all day, ohh well).

I understand not being able to leave before noon. If you can bring your two on Wed night, Chris and I will load it in the morning. I think that would be great!

If we can get out of the NYC Metro area before traffic starts we will be in good shape, there should not be much of anything on I-81. There is about 20 miles of construction on I-81 around Harrisburg, PA once we get passed that it is easy cruising all the.

I was thinking of bringing alcohol but I don't know what the open container laws are for a RV, I am sure we can live without a drink for 20 hrs or so.

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Most states allow open containers in a RV just not the driv er or passenger in the front seat can have one. My grand father traveled extensively from New england and he would make my grandmother drive so he could have a drink in the kitchen. And he said it was legal he checked.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 AM

Living vicariously

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
No need for the wise guys on the forum to ask if it is a short bus.

Beth and I are bringing: Trash bags, lysol, hand soap, Coffee, (we have a Tassimo machine which is pretty cool), sugar, TP, home made bread, one pan of Lazagna (guaranteed to be the most kick ass Lazagna you have ever tried), two bikes, and a tool box which has every tool needed to disassemble an MV Agusta.

Bring what ever you would like to eat or drink.

The plan so far is: Matty will meet at my house Thursday morning and we will load three bikes in the truck and trailer. We plan to drive to Jeff's house and pick up his bike. Or, if you like, Jeff, meet us at Chris's house. We will pick up the RV in Southington at noon. It takes about an hour for the orientation tour. Plan to get to Chris's house by two at the latest. Figure two hours to load the bikes on the trailer, build the enclosure and hook it up to the RV. Leave Chris's house around four.

We have 8 people in the RV and can fit two more. We don't have room for more bikes.
Carl,

For those of us not in attendance, those of us who will be living vicariously trough your expliots as y'all make your way down to the Land of Milk and Honey, I insist that you document all stages of the short bus' progress. Please post pics of the short bus and its occupants and the accompanying motorcycle trailer with homemade enclosure.

In case y'all get bored, I've written out several typical liberal missives, any one of which can be read during a lull in the fun in order to spark heated debate. Carl, I think it would be best if you read it personally, (I trust you to give it the right inflection), but I'll leave that to y'all.

Have fun guys!

Elton
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
anyone care for a hot needle in your eye instead?

If at first you don't succeed, use a hammer instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 08:58 PM

here is pictures of the trailer, we just need some bikes to go in it!

Carl think you can get the bikes to Chris' house tomorrow night?
It took us 4 hours to get this much done, it will take us a few more hours to get the bikes loaded and ready to go, so time will be short.
Attached Images

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
CAG

Yes. Matty and I are bringing three bikes down this afternoon. Should be there around 4.

I still haven't heard from Jeff so I don't know if he is riding his bike there on Thursday, or we are picking it up for him.
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 06:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Ah, how I wish...there's always next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode