MV Agusta Forum banner

Gapalicious 2019 food thread

7K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  esq'z me 
#1 ·
Good morning,
We are less than a month out so I guess it's time to post a food thread. I have the same caterer as last year. We will start on wednesday afternoon with sandwiches (I'll have them delivered a bit earlier than last year maybe 4:00? to feed the hungry travelers) and I was thinking a pasta night and a fried and baked chicken night. Saturday we plan on doing something different. We have contacted a local pizza place who is on board to make a bunch of pizzas. (we will need someone to pick them up, but I'm sure that won't be a problem) So I'm thinking we have 2 lists. One for those who want Wed, Thurs and Fri night catering and one for those who want pizza on Saturday. Thoughts?

#2 ·
Put me down on both lists. Thanks for organizing the food again. It was all great in the past and I'm sure it will be this year as well.....

#3 ·
I'm in for all, and any food....gotta keep up the image!

Reactions: esq'z me
#4 ·
Chuck reminded me that there are new people who may not know how the catering goes. The plan is for 3 nights, there are always plenty of leftovers that are eaten for breakfast/lunch or a snack. The way it works is you are either in or out. If you are out the leftovers are NOT for you. I do not have the patience to try to give prices for single meals. I tried that the first year and it was a disaster. Last year we had 4 dinners catered and the price was $100.00 per person. This year I expect it to be less as she is only providing 3 meals, as for the pizza night that will be a stand alone.

#7 · (Edited)
Hey Cin, thanks for planning this again, I'm waiting to hear what Frank is planning since he's my roomy. Also, if anyone is still looking for a place we have room in our house on the river!

Ok, count Frank and me in for the first 3 days but not the pizza.

#11 ·
I'll take all the meals please, want me to send you the $ in advance? Thanks so much for doing this Cindy!!! You're the best! No pizza in case I roll out early, plus me and my hypothyroidism...I may as well glue the pizza directly to my butt. Ruth Harrison summed it up perfectly, she called it "tall arsed" Vertically challenged and my passion for big boy bikes. It is what it is.

Not that you'll notice I'm even there with the amount of food I consume, I will leave plenty of leftovers. If anyone needs anything from Colorado let me know. They make interesting things that are edible here. Kevin, are you bringing any of that yummo 'limoncello like' clear liquid? I'd be willing to trade cash or whatever for a jar of that!! I don't actually imbible in the 4-20 phenomenon that has turned Denver in to the squalor it is today so if anyone wants anything edible, be specific in your orders and don't get me arrested please! As for anything else Colorado or on the way over, let me know and I'll stuff it in the SUV or on my trailer. If any of you people from across the pond have not seen this part of America and want to fly in to Denver let me know and I'll pick you up at Denver airport and road trip you down there with me too. It won't be "Cranky Yankee" worthy like Cin and Chuckles. I've sat in on that trip via phone with Chris and Massis and it does sound hysterical. Can't wait!

#13 ·
Kevin, are you bringing any of that yummo 'limoncello like' clear liquid? I'd be willing to trade cash or whatever for a jar of that!!
Juney, love. You're killing me on the limoncello. I think the year I brought that was the year that Carla did an 18 month-in-closet limoncello. Unfortunately, we don't have that going on this year. But I do have, thanks to a good friend who you will meet next month, an Apple Pie jam jar that has exceeded all prior apple pies. I'll plan to bring you a jam jar. Love you Juney!

#12 ·
Place for you

Ralf, check your PM, try to get there sooner if possible...

#14 · (Edited)
I love apple pie! And I've got my chairs for the river! I think I might need floaties! How do we get Carla back in the closet with the lemons? It was epic! 2014? OMG delicious.
My friend's dog got attacked by another dog at the park. Instead of the cone of shame it had an inflatable tube around its neck. That would work if I over do it with the apple pie 'shine. You'll see me bobbing along somewhere a few days later humming a tune on the news. Small Canadian floats by, film at 11. Cindy will say, hey why is there extra food?

#17 ·
Cin, all five on the Nashville Sprokit team will be there for Saturday night Pizza only. (Kevin, Kelly, Ben, G & Neil). Looks like Ben already added himself in the thread earlier so please don't count him twice. Thanks!

#18 · (Edited)
Hello my beautiful and amazing sister wife! Please count me in for food, inc. pizza. I may be tagging along with the Nashville team for a few meals but the convenience of the food at the house will be good as I won't be riding much if at all. I plan to basically get fat and lazy for the weekend and see who comes on to me ( I'm looking at you and Ben)

Lauren will not be taking part in the house food as she will be there for less time and shall bring her own rations.

#24 ·
Hello my beautiful and amazing sister wife! Please count me in for food, inc. pizza. I may be tagging along with the Nashville team for a few meals but the convenience of the food at the house will be good as I won't be riding much if at all. I plan to basically get fat and lazy for the weekend and see who comes on to me ( I'm looking at you and Ben)

Ben, are you up for this?:naughty:

#19 · (Edited)
The Pizza Night

As we stated in the Gap 2019 thread, we will be doing Pizza on Saturday night. The Bear's Den has agreed to accommodate us in that endeavor.

This is their website: https://www.bearsdentellico.com/menu.html

I told the owner I would get a preliminary order to him one week before the event.

In order to make this go smoothly and to satisfy the taste buds of our posse, please go to the website and peruse the menu. We can order whatever they produce. So, if you want a salad, a sandwich, wings....whatever...it can be done.

Particular pizzas can be ordered to suit all; however, we don't plan on making 35 individual orders so there will be some compromise.

What I ask is that you go to The Gapalicious 2019 Pizza Thread and state what you prefer: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/24-e...apalicious-2019-pizza-thread.html#post2598981

#27 · (Edited)
bowchickawowowow!

>:)

this is still about food right?

Cindy, please add my +1 Victor to the food. I PM'd Chuckles directly but ya never know if you got the message. I don't know if we'll be at the nest for all the meals but better safe than sorry right? Also, I saw Chucks comment about the pizza place doing other foods. If I can order off the menu and get salad I might reconsider. I'll still say we might be hitting the road Saturday day for now and are out but will reserve the right to update later. Thanks again for taking care of us, this unruly bunch of hooligans and thank you for letting my wayward Coloradan tag-along join us. He's safe and harmless and initially shy. He's done a bunch of track days and can ride better than most. He's recently had to move to Joplin Missouri to take care of his ailing aging Mom who has a ranch there so I'm picking him up en route to the Gap to give him a much needed break on 2 wheels. Perhaps there will be some fresh veggies coming with us but I suspect it will all be picked or he could not leave. Anyway, thanks again!!

Reactions: silentservice703
#28 ·
Hey June...and all others...if you send a message to my cell, or try to call it, I will not get the message as I murdered my iPhone 6 by drowning.

I will have my new phone...iPhone 11...on September 20th...unveiling day. Viva La Apple and the slavery you have induced.

Yes, we will include Sir Victor and you can order off the menu.

#29 ·
Noted Chucks iphone 6 is dead and he's wasting $1100.00, and did you know that they sell used iphones on Amazon Prime? I bought one CHEAP and it works great! Refurbished, jailbroken, no problem! I bought it to run all my home gadgets like my sonos speakers and all the stuff in my house so that I didn't have to load all the apps on my regular phone, plus it doesn't need a chip or a phone number because it's on the wifi. You can link it and answer it at home as if it's your regular phone at home. It sits in my kitchen on top of my sonos and is essentially my stereo receiver. I also bought a refurbished kindle paperwhite kindle for my friend. Both gadgets have been problem free for over a year.

Anyway, here's my floatie idea on my friend's dog Murphy.

Attachments

#37 ·
Payment can be via cash at the event, or via paypal to my signature listed paypal.

When we have a solid head count, Cindy will post the price for Linda's food here.

The Pizza Night will be paid for the same way and I'll have an estimate a week before the event.

Both venues are cash only. Cindy and I will initially foot the bill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.