European mini tour - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:46 AM

Looks like great fun. Excellent pictures, thank you for sharing.

Jealous......No

Envious......Hell, yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:56 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Nice read and pictures!
What kind of bags are you using on the bike, and do they chafe on the tail end?
I've originally said I wont use my F3 for travelling, but oh how I miss the mountains of middle-Europe...

Loud pipes don't save lives. Loud pipes just sound cool to egotistical riders like me

Current bike: 2018 MV Agusta F3 800 RC
Previous bikes: 2013 KTM Duke 690, 2015 KTM RC 390
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyOwl View Post
Nice read and pictures!
What kind of bags are you using on the bike, and do they chafe on the tail end?
I've originally said I wont use my F3 for travelling, but oh how I miss the mountains of middle-Europe...
I'm using 2 x Oxford tank bags, plus an Osprey Talon 22 rucksack. The big tank bag I use for trainers, chain and lock, tools, earplugs and race tape, cable ties...etc...I used some of that rubber matting for tool chest draws, and a racket strap lashed around the pillion pegs and underneath the tail section to hold it firmly in place - it didn't move or rub anywhere.

The small tank bag had some of the same rubber matting under it, and I just used the leash under the yoke to stop it travelling too far - obviously the magnets don't work there but I only had waterproofs, wallet, phone and passport in it and it made a bid for freedom after some exuberant motorway riding a couple of times, that's it - rest of the time it stayed put.

Rucksack was comfortable and only had clothes in so light weight.

However, for future I will look at buying a 30 litre tail pack and do away with the rucksack (Oxford do one that I almost bought that looks quite good), and the larger tank bag on the tank.

We both were using phones inside the tank bag and both of us struggled to read the Google maps at times, or it would spin round or disappear as the button would be accidentally pressed with the tank bag material, so for next time I will also look at a dedicated bike sat-nav (ie, waterproof) and somehow fixing it in a better location. Not sure how and where but need something better than the current set up as at times it was very frustrating.

Another thing discovered about the bike, the back brake is worse than useless - what a pile of shit it is. That also needs addressing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:33 PM

New Site Garage
That looks like an awesome trip ,your bike looks great too .I will take the Stadale into Europe next year ..
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:46 AM

New Site Garage
Beautiful landscape

The wind in the face is the same, but with an MV Agusta ...
Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso 2016
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Wonderful, I love seeing the F3 loaded up like that! For my first 12 years of MV ownership, 2000-2012 I toured yearly on the F4 ( Sennas, Stradas Brutes ), it wasn't easy and my buds were astonished at the lengths I could spend in the saddle, but I loved every minute of it. Since then, most road trip duty has fallen on the Interceptor then in recent years, the Multi. Last week I just returned from 4 days in the Adirondacks and I was reminscing about riding those roads on the F4, insanely beautiful, putting the hammer down so all could hear her dance and sing through the mountains! Great pics thanks for sharing and stiring my memory!!!

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Got caught speeding while over there....

45 Euro fine if paid now. I'll take that thank you very much. A lot cheaper, less painful and less hassle than getting nicked here in the UK for the same violation.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode