Any Houston Area MV Owners? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Any Houston Area MV Owners?

Just trying to get togther a list of Houston, Texas area MV owners that might be interested in getting together and riding occasionally. So far I know of two; lorenzotx (Larry), and b42day (Carlos). I met and rode with Larry last Saturday, along with my Mille-riding friend Buddy, and we rode out to Fayetteville. Of course, we took all the nice, twisty back roads we could along the way - a distance of about 90 miles each way. We left early and kept it short to try to get back before the worst of the midday heat. I neglected to bring my camera, but fortunately, Larry had his along and got a few pix when we arrived in Fayetteville (see the related thread "Texas Breakfast Run"). I'm the 'older' guy behind the F4.

So if you live in the area and would like to join in on the fun, PM or email me and I'll get a list going.

Ciao,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 PM

John,
I'm already on your "list" I hope it is a good list and not a sh**t list . When's the next Texas run so I may play with my schedule.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 08:43 PM

Not in Houston often, but may get down there (family in the area). Let me know when something is forming, and I will try to get down there.

Larry tried to get me out when he was up in Austin but I was not able to get out that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC
Not in Houston often, but may get down there (family in the area). Let me know when something is forming, and I will try to get down there.

Larry tried to get me out when he was up in Austin but I was not able to get out that time.
Steve,
I went riding with John the other day for a breakfast run out to Fayetteville and we did some pretty nice roads from Houston out west, (see the Texas Breakfast Run on the MV sightings forum). I probably will be back in Austin sometime in a couple of weeks. I will let you know when. If you are in Houston get a hold of John (Falcopilot) and maybe yall could get together on some Saturday morning. We like to leave early to bet both the heat and the traffic. I definetely look forward to getting the Texas MV riders together for some rides, especially in the Hill Country.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b42day
John,
I'm already on your "list" I hope it is a good list and not a sh**t list . When's the next Texas run so I may play with my schedule.
Larry, I'm free to ride most weekends, and usually don't plan much for these short summer BTH rides. There's just so many places you can go, and get back by noon. I'll be glad wne the weather starts to cool some, around November or so. If you're going to be in town this weekend call me.

Ciao
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 09:46 AM

If it's a big to-do Amer and I could probably manage to get down there from DFW.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 PM

JamesC/Amer, my son goes to school in Abilene - that is not far from you folks, right? Perhaps I can swing East, when I move him back up, at the end of August?

Wait, it is not that close.... 180 miles from Abilene to Dallas....

Last edited by SteveC; 08-03-2006 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Because I am a moron!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 10:38 PM

John,
I am still out of town this weekend, but next weekend may be a possibility.

Larry
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:32 AM
hes

I am in Houston and willing to go riding some time. I am still under the 600 mile-mark on the bike so maybe a good idea to take it for service first, or not ....

Anyways, I leave west of Houston, so let's keep in touch.

Think I saw you getting your bike out of the shop the day you were getting your from the 600 mile service and I was buying mine.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes
Think I saw you getting your bike out of the shop the day you were getting your from the 600 mile service and I was buying mine.
I assume that you are referring to Larry. Ironically, I think Larry saw me infor my 600 mile service, as he was buying his bike.

How are you liking the bike so far?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode