The Loop... - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

The Loop...

[I hope the following will bring some relief from the PMS that your currently suffering from (that's...Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)!!]

Having retired this past October, and understanding that I'm not getting any younger, I've decided to take a 6-month motorcycle journey around the US and Canada, thus called...the Loop. The Loop will start April 20, and my general transportation to areas where I'll be riding will be accomplished by using my 15 passenger Ford Transit Wagon that I've converted to carry 3 motorcycles (2006 Brutale, 2008 Turbo Brutale, and Mary’s 2007 Triumph 675 Daytona), and gear.

It is my intention to recruit 15-20 ‘Guides’ to help me with finding, and riding on, the best (mountains and twisties) roads possible. I define a ‘Guide’ as someone who will agree to spend 3 or 4 days showing me the best roads in their area. During those days I would prefer to ride 150-200 mileloops from a central location; but I'm flexible with the ride details. I am not looking for accommodations from the ‘Guide’, as I will stay at a local hotel/motel or B&B. And yes, Mary will be joining me for four 2-week rides, the locations of which are yet to be determined.

There are only 15 states that I will have time to ride in, along with 4 Canadian provinces (Nova Scotia/New Brunswick, and Alberta/British Columbia). Those states are:
Vermont... New York... Pennsylvania... Ohio... Arkansas... Oklahoma... Texas... Montana...
Idaho... Wyoming... Utah... Colorado... Arizona... Washington... California...

Having ridden in the first 4 Bubbalicious events (Thanks Randy!!), and last years's Gapalicious (Thanks Chuck & Cindy!!), I have already recruited 4 'Guides' who are familiar to this forum...DrMasis( in NY?), silentservice703(Chuck, in VT?), PunyJuney (June, in No. CO), and The Knurl (Noel, in So. CA).

Now, I'm requesting other forum members, who live in or near the above states and provinces, consider helping me on this adventure, by being a ‘Guide’. If you have the ability to carve out 3 or 4 days to be a 'Guide', when do you suggest the best time of the year is for riding in your area(please provide as broad a time frame as possible, as I have a lot ofcoordinating/scheduling to do)? When would you be available to carve out 3 or 4 days?

Please help with this adventure, as it continues over the next 9 months!

Thanks,
David

ps: I don't have a clue why the above fonts are all different...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:43 PM

Being your skipping Oregon, I will say I am out... If you do find you might be down this way (Salem or Eugene on I5), and want to hit up Sisters and Mckenzie pass, let me know.
EFLYER-1 likes this.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:02 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Congrats on retirement Dave !!! Ride on !
EFLYER-1 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 PM

New Site Garage
That sounds like an awesome plan. When you finish there & decide to extend it to a New Zealand loop let me know!
esq'z me likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 07:51 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFLYER-1 View Post
...2008 Turbo Brutale ...
Dave, that sounds like an amazing trip...but please point me to the Post with the information and pictures of your Turbo Brutale !
nigelrb likes this.

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun View Post
Being your skipping Oregon, I will say I am out... If you do find you might be down this way (Salem or Eugene on I5), and want to hit up Sisters and Mckenzie pass, let me know.
Thanks for your offer jdgun! I'm sure as time goes on and the scheduling starts to take shape, there will be some changes as to where and when. I'll keep your offer in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munks View Post
That sounds like an awesome plan. When you finish there & decide to extend it to a New Zealand loop let me know!
In early 2016 Mary and I did 2,800+ miles on the So. Island, on 2 BMWs. It was a spectacular 2 weeks, and we finished with a great visit with Dave (the Castle) and Melanie Hands in Palmerston North, on the No. Island. We will absolutely return to NZ to ride again, and I'll keep your offer in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
Dave, that sounds like an amazing trip...but please point me to the Post with the information and pictures of your Turbo Brutale !
My avatar is Turbo R. It has 221rwhp(approx. 275bhp), and runs on 93 octane pump gas. It requires no water/alcohol injection, no intercooler, and no wastegate. Sounds simple, but it took 3 months to build, and 2 years to troubleshoot! The forum article also has a the article written about the project in the October, 2012 Motorcyclist: https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-br...o-brutale.html
cruiser likes this.

2008 Turbo Brutale R
2006 Brutale
2005 Tamburini
2004 Brutale Oro
2000 MV Azuma Scooter
The Following User Says Thank You to EFLYER-1 For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 10:26 PM

Hey David, congrats on the retirement. Say hi to Mary for me. We met at Gapalicious last year (I'm the boyish looking Oriental dude who borrowed your compressor). Lmk as soon as you have a better idea of when you'll be rolling through NYC and I'd be more than thrilled to show you the back roads around my neck of the woods as well as the finer aspects of Manhattan if that's on your agenda. Cheers, Art

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 07:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
HI David! Congratulations on joining the non-working population!

Do you know yet where you are going to start your odyssey? Do you know when you plan to be in Vermont and New York?

I also want to publicly say that this was fantastic:

Name:  IMG_2046.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  1.76 MB

We managed to hold off until Christmas and then enjoyed "responsibly" through New Year's Day. Thank you for such a delicious gift!

I look forward to your LOOP. We can have some fun!

Chuck ( & Cindy)

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Being in Boston, and in close proximity to Chuck and Cindy, I could possibly join in the VT tour. I travel up Rt. 100 often (from Boston) to smuggler's notch and know a few roads and good places to eat as well. Timing is everything so if you have a date then maybe it's a date.
i would also recommend Road Runner Magazine, they publish "cloverleaf tours" for all different areas of the USA
silentservice703 likes this.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
Hey David, congrats on the retirement. Say hi to Mary for me. We met at Gapalicious last year (I'm the boyish looking Oriental dude who borrowed your compressor). Lmk as soon as you have a better idea of when you'll be rolling through NYC and I'd be more than thrilled to show you the back roads around my neck of the woods as well as the finer aspects of Manhattan if that's on your agenda. Cheers, Art
Hello Art, thanks for your good wishes! Sure I remember you from Gap, and Mary says hi. Your offer of help is appreciated, and as I get closer to an itinerary I'll be in touch. Right now I'm thinking of the Northeast as probably September...but this is fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
Being in Boston, and in close proximity to Chuck and Cindy, I could possibly join in the VT tour. I travel up Rt. 100 often (from Boston) to smuggler's notch and know a few roads and good places to eat as well. Timing is everything so if you have a date then maybe it's a date.
i would also recommend Road Runner Magazine, they publish "cloverleaf tours" for all different areas of the USA
Hello again from the Gap! As it turned out, this past June I did the Road Runner Shamrock Tour solo out of Killington, VT for four days, and it was great. On their four loops I only managed to ride 2 of Vermont's 6 mountain gaps, so I'm looking forward to riding all 6 gaps during my Loop. My initial thinking is that this will be in September. I'll stay in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
HI David! Congratulations on joining the non-working population!

Do you know yet where you are going to start your odyssey? Do you know when you plan to be in Vermont and New York?

I also want to publicly say that this was fantastic:

Attachment 457869

We managed to hold off until Christmas and then enjoyed "responsibly" through New Year's Day. Thank you for such a delicious gift!

I look forward to your LOOP. We can have some fun!

Chuck ( & Cindy)
Chuck & Cindy, thanks for the good wishes...being a 'kept' man has its advantages! I'm glad you both enjoyed Old Scout, it is indeed a special experience as it warms the cockles of your heart like no other!!

Now it's always been a mystery to me as to where one's cockles are. My guess is that they're adjacent to your frakas; as is often seen in newspaper headlines such as "____ Shot in The Frakas". Where exactly is your frakas? Perhaps there's a doctor out there who can explain...

Well I digress...initially I'll head out 4/20 with my first riding destination Texas, then Arizona and California. It seems that I'll be riding in the Northeast in September. It's my goal to have my entire itinerary set be late March. Will stay in touch.

2008 Turbo Brutale R
2006 Brutale
2005 Tamburini
2004 Brutale Oro
2000 MV Azuma Scooter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode