Jennings GP Jan 28 Track Day?? - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Jennings GP Jan 28 Track Day??

Anyone in the southeast (or anywhere for that matter) want to join me at Jennings GP (GA-FLA state line) for a track day Monday January 28th??

$120 + $10 gate fee....... I'm thinking of driving down Sunday night, staying in Valdosta, and heading home afterwards. It's a +/- 4 hour drive for me.

I have a 2 bike trailer, and guest rooms in my home if the distance is a bit far for a day trip. Let me know.

A New Year !!! Time to wear out some tires and burn some hydrocarbons.

Jennings GP is pretty easy on street bikes getting on track...that is, not much more then taping up your lights and stuff.

They do Saturday and Sunday for $150+ and have a weekend package if you feel the need to really wear yourself out.

JENNINGS GP - Home

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 AM

I wish my bike was going to be ready by then. I'm dying to ride!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 10:22 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Ed def keep me in the loop the next time you want to make the run. I cant moved a Monday on such a short notice but if youre doing a weekend day or know a bit more ahead of time I should be down. Never been to Jennings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

C'mon Ryan....just call in sick !!!

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:39 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
C'mon Ryan....just call in sick !!!
Ok maybe change in plans. Ed I floated it to a couple Terminus guys. I'm gonna see if I can move some stuff that Monday. My buddy John wants to go. Ods are we (as in you too) would ride with him. He has a massive truck with a big enclosed trailer so it makes sense for us to just buy his gas. He also has a genny, we have a bunch of fans, pop-ups, etc that we can carry in his trailer.

I'll know for sure this week. I also need to see if I can still fit in that suit...

I'm really itching to put this Duc on the track.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Doubt we'll need fans.. !!! I'll pull my trailer. Pam is likely coming with me. We'll go Sunday night and stay in Valdosta.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Forecast is low 60's F and partly cloudy !!!!

Great track for bikes only !!! Built by legendary track coach and race instructor Ed Bargy ( http://www.edbargyracingschool.com/ ) and quite affordable. Shouldn't be too crowded on a Monday.

Get it together Ryan...anyone else??

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 10:03 AM

New Site Garage
Probably not going to happen, just too short notice and I still need to do a lot to the bike to get it ready for that (new rubber, chain, coolant, suspension setup, etc).

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

Jennings GP was great yesterday !! Monday track day and it might as well have been my personal track day. 2 of us in Intermediate, 4 guys in Advanced. There were about 10 guys in Novice, mostly on street bikes with tape on the lights. A real bargain at $120 for the day.

Weather was great...a bit cool in the morning but very comfortable in the leathers.

And Lola with the X-Bikes Microtec 232 just ran flawlessly !!!

Some of you folk need to go with me the next time !!
Attached Images

Black_Gold_Saw likes this.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Old Wing Nut

That funny extra tread around the left center of the rear tire is from a hugger mount screw that loosened up at Barber last fall..... Call it a rain groove, custom cut.
Nowhere near as deep as the normal tread so I don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode