MV Agusta Forum banner

What Gapalicious date range works best for you?

Gapalicious 2019 (October 2-6)

52K views 560 replies 47 participants last post by  R1andrew 
#1 · (Edited)
To start this off with a bang, I'd like date suggestions or restrictions for the 2019 event.

I'm thinking sometime in the first two weeks of October, but I am VERY flexible. I would rather get everyone there again, and get more folks who were restricted this year.

Short of making it a poll, or maybe I should, the dates I am thinking are: Oct. 2 - 6, 9 - 13, and 16 - 20.

All other dates are available, too. The sooner we pick a date, the sooner I can lock down The Crows Nest and The Riverfront....

Please be open about pros and cons...all you wallflowers!

I made the poll so that you can pick multiple options AND so your vote will be public by name so that I can make accomodations.

#4 ·
I would really love to join, but it is more than a bit far, and there is no road to come by bike from Europe… I won't vote for any date, but will keep track of what you do, and if by chance I can hijack a work travel to North America in the same period, I'll get into :)

#5 ·
Any of those dates are fine for me as of now. I can't know this far in advance what my production schedule for next year will be, but the sooner this is 100% decided, the sooner I can mark my work calendar to block out the time.

#6 ·
I personally like Sept. If it is going to be in Oct. then the first week would be best.
I am in regardless, but the temps and traffic this year were great, a bit warm but nice. Cooler temps are nice, but I did like slipping on the rocks in the river. :wink2:

Reactions: italia
#7 ·
I voted other because I was thinking maybe later in Oct.

Possibly weekend of the 25th. My b-day is the 29th :grin2: and celebrating it with the MV family would be a blast!! (except those damn sprockets) >:)

#8 ·
I'm fine with any date, but like Al, the sooner I get a firm date, the better.

If anyone wants to combine a NYC trip I'd be more than happy to help coordinate, and perhaps I'd even be able to offer sleeping space in my small abode. My 1.5 hour round trip flight was only $126.

#10 ·
I voted 'Other' as I prefer September. Here's why:
1) I usually have a track day in October but won't have the track day schedule until next year.
2) I think there are fewer leaf watchers in September, thus making the roads less crowded.
3) The climb up the Cherahola Skyway and nights hanging outside at the Crow's Nest are so much colder in October than September.
4) The days are longer and warmer in September, and that makes CREEK BEERS so much better!

#11 ·
Kev makes some very good points, maybe Sept 25-29 should be added to the survey...

#15 ·
I picked the first week in October, the last week in September is always Eloise’s birthday and makes it so Lauren or I can’t come the whole time (Realistically Lauren and I know you guys like her better anyway) Also the heat is not my favorite. I’m comfy with creek beers at 70° as much is 80°

#17 ·
So second or third week of September then >:)

#19 ·
Data Analytics Modeling using Quantitative Analysis. How do you not see that George? :grin2:

Reactions: Allworld
#23 ·
Again, the last week of Sept ( 24-29 ) looks like a good option, Ian, I'll bring my wife and daughter so we can celebrate Eloise's birthday in Tennessee! Maybe you can have her home friends party the week before...or after...

#26 ·
First week of Oct sounds like some good cool riding. But as others have stated earlier may be a little better for traffic. Im in either way, hopefully for more days this time.

#27 ·
Keeping with tradition and along with Ian as far as temps go (yes, I know I'm from FL, that's one reason why I DON'T live there anymore)... I voted for second week in Oct... but who am I kidding to say that I won't be there no matter the dates. I will be adding a tire changer to my traveling setup this year, so hopefully that will help a couple people out... if I'm not living pretty darn close to, or in Tellico, by then as the plan is spring of 19'!! If that is the case, I may be going "home" at the end of every night and meeting you guys during the days and night.

#29 ·
if I'm not living pretty darn close to, or in Tellico, by then as the plan is spring of 19'!! .

No state income tax in Tennessee !!! (but they get it in other ways!)

Reactions: drmasis
#28 ·
Maybe you can put all of us up at your place......:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

(Better buy BIG)

#31 ·
Ha!! If I can pull off a place for Max and I, I will be tickled pink. Now, just how many air mattresses can I fit in a BIG garage would be the question... :grin2:

No state income tax in Tennessee !!! (but they get it in other ways!)
There are ups and downs to both, but numbers being numbers, TN is the cheaper place to live overall. Funny how the tax man always gets his... one way or another... :|

#35 ·
I'm going to make this easy for everyone so they don't have to think about it, Sept 26-30, mark your calendars!

Reactions: italia and gotfolk
#37 ·
So, just how did you determine this particular date range there Doc?:wtf::smoking:

Reactions: esq'z me
#38 ·
Did you know it s now October 5th and we have been at over 90 degrees everyday this week in north Georgia??

Forecast is for temps in the 80's late next week. The tree leaves are not changing colors yet (but some are falling and brown) !!

Normal temps for the first week of October are high 70's during the day.....

My vote remains for early Oct. September is likely to be boiling hot (again).

#40 ·
I voted for the later date because I like the slightly cooler weather and we normally have our last local track day during the first couple weeks of October. However, as most have stated, it really doesn't matter to me on the date. I'll be there regardless.

#42 ·
OK, let's do the Oct 9th-14th, so it was written, so it shall be done! No more BS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.