Gapalicious 2019 (October 2-6) - Page 6 - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: What Gapalicious date range works best for you?
October 2 - 6 17 51.52%
October 9 - 13 7 21.21%
October 16 - 20 7 21.21%
Other 7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

427Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:44 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Something to consider...

Attachment 453873
Exactly why we should do it in September. October is leaf watching month - people in cages clogging up traffic.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
Exactly why we should do it in September. October is leaf watching month - people in cages clogging up traffic.
Hasn't been my experience....... early October every year until this one.
silentservice703 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #53 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
The leaves here in N GA haven't changed much at all (no color this year), but brown ones are falling from some trees.

I think those are old dates. Leaves changing color later now. If you will recall, we had no issues with leaf peepers the first 2 Gappalicious or any of the Bubbas (which were always first half of October).
How would you know you cut your trees down.
R1andrew and esq'z me like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 04:53 PM

New Site Garage
This year it has been unseasonable warm. Seems to be about 10 degrees above normal every day.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #55 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew fotheringham View Post
How would you know you cut your trees down.
Not all of them..I still have a veritable forest in my back yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
This year it has been unseasonable warm. Seems to be about 10 degrees above normal every day.
More like 20 degrees... normal temps here should be low 70's but it's been mid-90's. Supposed to start to cool a bit later this week.

The leaf peepers don't go to the mountains until the second half of October. We never had any traffic or wet leaves on any of the Bubba rides or at the Gap 2 and 3 years ago....did we???

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #56 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 06:48 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
We never had any traffic or wet leaves on any of the Bubba rides or at the Gap 2 and 3 years ago....did we???
We never had any wet leaves. It seems like we may have had more traffic from car clubs that year we stayed at Fontana (Miata, Hyundai fart can Genesis, Crossfire [Andrew's buddies]).

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #57 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Ogborn View Post
Curtis if you took some with you, you didnt take enough or far enough north its some real swamp ass riding in Tampa these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
Yeah, naw, we need to debate this for at least the next 350 days!

:
I'm gettin a good laugh over this one!!!
italia likes this.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #58 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Ogborn View Post
Curtis if you took some with you, you didnt take enough or far enough north its some real swamp ass riding in Tampa these days
Sorry man, there is just too much of it down there to take enough, lol.

If we go by the numbers so far... early-mid Oct it is. I like it. Luckily I don't have to make the decision

Also, if any of us are getting stuck in traffic, then we aren't riding the right motorycles... unless you are me, and you are on a Grom...

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
post #59 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 07:53 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draginknee View Post
Sorry man, there is just too much of it down there to take enough, lol.

If we go by the numbers so far... early-mid Oct it is. I like it. Luckily I don't have to make the decision

Also, if any of us are getting stuck in traffic, then we aren't riding the right motorcycles... unless you are me, and you are on a Grom...
You do math like my boss. It's actually a tie between early Oct and not early Oct.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #60 of 555 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingertight View Post
You do math like my boss. It's actually a tie between early Oct and not early Oct.
I can see why he's your boss now...

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode