Gapalicious 2019 (October 2-6) - Page 42 - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: What Gapalicious date range works best for you?
October 2 - 6 17 51.52%
October 9 - 13 7 21.21%
October 16 - 20 7 21.21%
Other 7 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

451Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #411 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:20 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
You need to bring the CC then.

Bring the CC, make sure insurance is good and ride it hard

2010 Brutale 1090RR
2004 Ducati Monster 1000sie- Naked
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R- track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 05:24 PM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprockit View Post
hey hey...... I can ride... i think
Not sure if i can, sad face

2004 F4 SPR F4RR Corsacorta Powered
2006 Brutale 910S
2012 F4 RR
2012 F4 RR
post #413 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al- View Post
Not sure if i can, sad face
At least you can offer advice on which tools for the home are best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #414 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 06:43 PM

And I'll be your bitch and drink the beer for you
post #415 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:02 PM

Last year I put my bike in the van and drove down............ Not this year. I will take my bike in the back of the van from Boston to Carlisle, PA and then ride the rest of the way.
Nice roads from there and the weather is looking good. If anyone is along route and wants to meet, give me a shout.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #416 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 07:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew fotheringham View Post
I would love to see the cc
Well, head on up my way before you head back to the UK! Sadly, or not, Chuck's rig is filled to the brim, besides, that's original rubber on the bike, certainly not a good candidate for flogging, photoshoots maybe.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #417 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:31 PM

Hello All...I'm now in the 6th and last month of my "Loop", and I'm looking forward to being at the 'GAP' on Wednesday, 9/2!

As I did last year, I'll be leading a ride to Cafe Rel, in Franklin, on Thursday, 9/3. We'll leave at 9am, go up the the Cherohala(143) to 129, then to Deal's Gap for a stop. Then we'll ride Hwy 28 through Stecoah to Rt 74, and pick up Hwy 28 again to Franklin, for lunch at Cafe Rel. On the way back we'll go over Wayah Bald to the Nantahala river, then back on Hwy 129 and the Cherohala for our return. I've been told that all of Hwy 28 from Rt 74 to Franklin, and the entire Wayah Bald road have all been repaved...FANTASTIC!!
No need to reply to this notice for the Cafe Rel ride...just show up at the Crow's Nest at 9am for this full day ride. We'll leave promptly at 9.

Now...here's a unique opportunity...I've been riding out of Deal's Gap during the first week of June every year for the past 12 years with a group, and each day our ride is lead by a lifetime local rider, Bobby Morrow. Bobby has agreed to lead a group of 10 riders TOTAL on Friday morning, on roads that you'll never find on your own. This will include a few of his classic "super secret" roads. It will be a full day, but the start time is not definite yet.
I WILL need your reply to know who will join us on this ride, AS THIS RIDE WILL BE LIMITED TO 10 RIDERS TOTAL!!!

Let's have some fun!!!

David

2008 Turbo Brutale R
2006 Brutale
2005 Tamburini
2004 Brutale Oro
2000 MV Azuma Scooter
post #418 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:05 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFLYER-1 View Post
Hello All...I'm now in the 6th and last month of my "Loop", and I'm looking forward to being at the 'GAP' on Wednesday, 9/2!

As I did last year, I'll be leading a ride to Cafe Rel, in Franklin, on Thursday, 9/3. We'll leave at 9am, go up the the Cherohala(143) to 129, then to Deal's Gap for a stop. Then we'll ride Hwy 28 through Stecoah to Rt 74, and pick up Hwy 28 again to Franklin, for lunch at Cafe Rel. On the way back we'll go over Wayah Bald to the Nantahala river, then back on Hwy 129 and the Cherohala for our return. I've been told that all of Hwy 28 from Rt 74 to Franklin, and the entire Wayah Bald road have all been repaved...FANTASTIC!!
No need to reply to this notice for the Cafe Rel ride...just show up at the Crow's Nest at 9am for this full day ride. We'll leave promptly at 9.

Now...here's a unique opportunity...I've been riding out of Deal's Gap during the first week of June every year for the past 12 years with a group, and each day our ride is lead by a lifetime local rider, Bobby Morrow. Bobby has agreed to lead a group of 10 riders TOTAL on Friday morning, on roads that you'll never find on your own. This will include a few of his classic "super secret" roads. It will be a full day, but the start time is not definite yet.
I WILL need your reply to know who will join us on this ride, AS THIS RIDE WILL BE LIMITED TO 10 RIDERS TOTAL!!!

Let's have some fun!!!

David
In for Friday

2010 Brutale 1090RR
2004 Ducati Monster 1000sie- Naked
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R- track
post #419 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:57 PM

Not sure what comment said Chuck's trailer was full but you would be surprised how cheap FedEx, UPS and USPS are. The stores that do all 3 are likely cheaper than the extra gas that Chuck will be putting in his truck lol. Just drop your stuff you want at tellico cabins in to a box and address it to yourself, ship it to the hotel and write "hold for guest". I do this all the time these days. It's often cheaper and easier than checking a bag on flights sometimes with the luggage stupidity at airports. Certainly easier than toting luggage on a sportbike for a weekend getaway like I do. We often have a hotel up in one place like Aspen or Steamboat Colorado that's the sleep spot and do rides from there. Ask the shipper what one is the least expensive for the date of arrival. They will know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you love something set it free, if it comes back you've just high sided!
"Get on the fire engine!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Brutale 1078RR

19 Ducati V4 Panigale
11 Kwak Ninja 1000

Last edited by PunyJuney; 09-24-2019 at 03:09 PM.
post #420 of 561 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 03:31 PM

Juney there will be other females and you ladies can hang out when us guys are riding. Don't know if that was sexist or not. I'm too old to know

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode