Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Sounds Fun Maybe

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • To Far, I hate Fun

Votes: 2 18.2%

Private MV Track Day anyone?

4K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  MarkJ.07 
#1 · (Edited)
This is just putting a feeler out there, but here's the thought. I was wondering how many people would be interested in a Jennings GP 1 or 2 day Track Day for our MV family. Private event with a more or less an open track and a vendor or two for rubber and shiny bits? I can bring along a number of my fellow coaches from our TD organization we have here in South Florida. That would bring you newer guys some free help on the art of going fast as well as keep things safe for all. It is all about having fun after all right. So if this is something you might be interested in please post up so I can get a head count and see if I cant make something happen for my new moto family :grin2:

Possibly dates are open for suggestion but could range from Oct 15th 2018- December 20th 2018, as we have usually good weather during this time and with CCS/FMRRA being busy elsewhere we wont be fighting for dates.

JENNINGS GP - Home

See less See more
Reactions: CassieTalksMV
#4 ·
The track is located right along the Florida and Georgia line. I have gone ahead and added a link to the tracks website as well to the OP

#3 ·
Very good idea.I know a couple of MV guys here from the florida westcoast for a event like this. Let's do this.

Reactions: MarkJ.07
#6 ·
They have a decibel meter on hand, with that being said they don't test every bike. The few bikes I've seen get pulled for testing were out on track and got pulled off after a session had ended. They are strict about it if they pull you (and give you a chance to rectify it) but it has to be quite excessive to even get checked in the first place. Both my GSXR and CBR with full race systems have had no issue at all and the GSXR is not quiet by any means lol.

#7 ·
That could be fun....great track designed for and used by motorcycles only.
Run it clockwise one day and counterclockwise the next.
Valdosta has hotels and eating places just up the road a bit.

I'm in if possible.

#9 ·
That would really come down to how many riders we can get to go. If we can get 30 people and are willing to run a single day during the week like a Friday then it could be around 150 a rider. If you want a weekend single day your looking about 180 a person.

#13 ·
Where are you located? If your here in Florida myself or a buddy of mine could always grab you on our way up. I'm sure we could find you a ride though either way :smile2:

As for your exhaust do you maybe have a DB killer for it you could bring just encase? If not I'm pretty sure you'll be ok, trust me my GSXR is loud! and they've given me no trouble.

#17 ·
this is just putting a feeler out there, but here's the thought. I was wondering how many people would be interested in a jennings gp 1 or 2 day track day for our mv family. Private event with a more or less an open track and a vendor or two for rubber and shiny bits? I can bring along a number of my fellow coaches from our td organization we have here in south florida. That would bring you newer guys some free help on the art of going fast as well as keep things safe for all. It is all about having fun after all right. So if this is something you might be interested in please post up so i can get a head count and see if i cant make something happen for my new moto family :grin2:

jennings gp - home

bump

#18 ·
The only thing missing for this would be the potential dates for the Track Day.

Potential dates would help decisions.

I'm in, potentially.

:smoking:

#19 ·
Iv'e updated the OP with a potential date range for you :smile2:. I would just prefer to avoid summer as it can get quite uncomfortable out there during that time. Id say mid to late Oct to end of year would be the best bet.

#21 ·
Or immediately after !!! Then the people who travel a long way (Chuck as example) would be able to make it more easily.!!! already in the area.

#25 ·
The last three years of the Bubbalicious event, the riders who wanted to stay on for a track day traveled from North Georgia to Alabama for a full full day at Little Tally. We had a great time with like-minded enthusiasts on the track. No one was knackered.

Except for "Carl's Clavicle Corner" (Turn 2) everyone had a good time.

#26 ·
Then it sounds like it would be good timing then if we can get enough people to commit. My goal would be to get 30 riders that way it would only cost about 140 a person.

#27 ·
You know I am in Mark. Chris and I will be up there this weekend with a group from UCF for the first time... we'll see how that goes. You put it together and I'll be there, and I'm sure bring a friend or two. Thanks for putting this together!!

#31 ·
ok guys, I'd really like to book my flights (this week) :) Is there something happening after the Gap event?
Chuck will you be there?
Also - when and where? :D

currently I think about flying FRA - ATL, if it makes more sense to fly back from somewhere else just let me know to adjust the travel planning :)

#33 ·
The track being discussed is on the Georgia/Florida border, about 4 hours from Atlanta.... Atlanta will be the closest International airport.

I'm not sure this track day after "the Gap" will come about, as there would need to be a lot more interest than what has been expressed in this post to make it financially feasible.

At any rate, let me know your plans and if you want me to help with transport or accommodations in Atlanta.

#35 ·
I'm very sorry for up and disappearing on everyone, life hit me like a brick after my move to GA. The event did not get enough interest for me to be able to schedule it this time. If we can get more people on board maybe we can set something up at a track here in GA or maybe in AL next year. Enjoy the Gap all, and I'm hoping to try and make it out on one of the last days.

#36 ·
@MarkJ.07 You're just north of me !!! Welcome to North Georgia. Let me know if I can ever be of help.!!

Barber with Sportbike Track time October 13th....a few of us are going.

#37 ·
I plan on trying to meet everyone on the last few days of the Gapalicious if I can swing it with work. Most likely cant ride on the 13th but if you'r in need of a pit bitch/ coach let me know and i'd be happy to tag along. I'm working down in Smyrna so if you ever see a blue and white B4 roll through you now know who it is :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.