Melbourne, Phillip Island, Sydney meeting Australians - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 05:35 PM
JSM

Great story and pics H, (even Robs Pantene moment ) hope you can make it back and we can organise the GOR as its my favorite part of the world, particularly Apollo Bay,wink2:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JSM; 03-11-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:26 PM

cheeky bugger lol

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 07:42 AM

Fantastic write-up. Was great to catch up with you.
Always welcome to visit Melb.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

We will see Boys.
The progress on site and the budget overlooking corporate beancounters will tell in few weeks.
Sure it would be awesome but I would need to thinker a little more about it too.
There are costs for taxi, flights, accommodation and renting a scooter of some sort.
So be not upset if it doesn't pan out that way.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Smile Perfect Guest!!!!

Hi Ralf Et Al.

That's an amazing recount of your adventures, we (and I am sure I speak for all the Australians) are so glad and happy that our beautiful Country has left you with such wonderful memories and touched your soul, in the end that is what life is all about, the rest, incidental to the end game.

From a personal viewpoint, I must say that I/we are humbled and a touch embarrassed by the exalted praise. In reality, we have passions which include riding, cooking, drinking and sharing our humble home/life with like minded souls. We love having guests, old friends that become new friends and new friends that become old friends along with sharing our good fortune in life via motorcycles, food , drink and experiences.

Ralf, it was an absolute pleasure to have you as our guest of honour and of course dear friend (you were too generous with your gifts, thank you again - I will report on the cognac as soon as I smash it ) and I said to you, you are welcome anytime, providing of course, we happen to be in Australia! I love those photos atop of Mt. Keira - not a bad run less than a mile from my home!

We need to hone your Vespa skills ( we'll work on that next time) but you certainly did make that F3 your own - I wasn't sure you were going to give it back, you two certainly made an instant connection.

@silentservice703 (Chucky) - yes that is a Yamaha, I apologised to Ralf for having that track whore in 'his space' but what are you going to do when you have a 23yo living at home trying to step out of Dad's shadow? It was home this week as it was wiped out last outing at Eastern creek and had finished his reapirs and was spray painting it - Ralf (as well as Dino & Russ) saw it as a work in progress actually here's the almost finished product - only missing the decals and of course it has a change of colour scheme.

Before and after - pretty reasonable job first time out with a spray gun!

BTW Ralf, that second pic is taken where your bed used to be - it's back in the (normal) guest room now not the special guest room

It's been crazy busy around here, but I am so so glad I saw this post!
Attached Images

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Kindered Spirits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
And finally more
Anyone Notice that Ralf and I ride in the exact same helmets - separated at birth?
Attached Images

JSM, JSM, silentservice703 and 3 others like this.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

I'm flattered and slightly blush by Rob's and all the positive posts about my visit to Australia.
Honestly, never ever did I read anything were peoples wrote as positive about me, may not even my wife in our marriage heydays.
And in fact I met awesome peoples in Australia, besides all of You, and everyone was very nice, friendly and helpful to me.
It started at Immigration and Customs in the Melbourne Airport, continued with a bloke from England who sold me 5 packs of Cigarettes for 50 AUD, just outside at the smoking area.
The list would go on and on.
You are a happy bunch of peoples down under.
God bless You!
So again thank You all sooooo much for being such great hosts.
And Rob, You, Luciana and Christian You made it deep into my heart.
May this thread will live for ever and will be continued by me about another journey to down under or by someone who got inspired by me to just do it.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 08:22 AM

ok ralph truth is i thought u were an asshole. Everyone here is just being polite.
IS that better lol.

Kidding of course man.
MVista and MVista like this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 07:34 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
ok ralph truth is i thought u were an asshole. Everyone here is just being polite.
IS that better lol.

Kidding of course man.

Gold Robbie.....Gold!

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
IS that better lol.

Kidding of course man.

Brilliant Rob!
Peoples who don't know me think I'm quite a nice person.
I'm Saxon and we are known to be tough on ourselves and horrible to others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode