Gapalicious 2018 - Page 63 - MVAgusta.net
 520Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #621 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 07:41 PM

New Site Garage
Because of the storm? I'm looking at possible paths the storm may take and it looks like a few tracks put it right over Deals Gap at some point...

Hopefully it stays more to the south.

That dark cloud is always following me and my MV 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
Not sure if gas will be an issue, so I am bringing alone 15 gallons of non-ethanol gas.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angelo-MV; 09-12-2018 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #622 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Unfortunately my trip to Chicago is will get me back home Tuesday. With the storm and my late arrival I have to cancel my reservation and the best I can hope for is maybe come up Friday.
post #623 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 PM

I'm going with Plan B. That is I will drive my van to Tellico Plains, rather than drop it off in Harrisburg, PA.
This is a completely new and strange thing for me. I have never been able to take whatever I want, I was always limited to the bags on my bike. I also miss out on 2 days of riding since I will now be driving, but since it takes less time to get there and back I will get there on Sunday and will leave on Saturday, instead of getting there on Monday and leaving on Friday. I have to call the cabin rentals tomorrow to make those changes.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #624 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFLYER-1 View Post
On Friday or Saturday of Gapalicious, Mary and I will be leading a ride to Caffé Rel (https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel ), in Franklin.

Caffé Rel isn't very large, so I'm a bit concerned about too large a group going over, so maybe a group of 12 should be tops. Please let me know your interest, and as we get closer to the time, the day will be decided.
This kind of overlaps the concept of catering at the Crows Nest. I've already signed up for that, and Cindy has been working hard to get a proper head count for the caterer.

Although the restaurant and the ride (I know those roads!!) sound like a great idea, there is a conflict with the group plans. I'll have to try it some other time.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #625 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:10 PM

Ed, you missed the point...leave at 10AM, eat lunch at Caffé Rel at 1PM, back at Tellico at 5pm. This is a lunch trip, and it's now going to be Friday for sure (unless Florence has other thoughts).
silentservice703 and gotfolk like this.
post #626 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
That is plan B. I think that riding through a hurricane could be a real skill builder and raise the bar on the "oh shit" level, but I may throw in the towel and concede to mother nature.

I'll be there on Monday, see you then.
Good to hear you are joining the Van Express. More riding time is always a good thing in TN/NC.
post #627 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I'm going with Plan B. That is I will drive my van to Tellico Plains, rather than drop it off in Harrisburg, PA.
This is a completely new and strange thing for me. I have never been able to take whatever I want, I was always limited to the bags on my bike. I also miss out on 2 days of riding since I will now be driving, but since it takes less time to get there and back I will get there on Sunday and will leave on Saturday, instead of getting there on Monday and leaving on Friday. I have to call the cabin rentals tomorrow to make those changes.
Let me know when you get in on Sun. We'll be there already, and we can meet up and do some riding!!
gotfolk likes this.

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
post #628 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Here's a thought...

On Friday or Saturday of Gapalicious, Mary and I will be leading a ride to Caffé Rel (https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel ), in Franklin. Caffé Rel is the best French restaurant in NC, and we have eaten there numerous times, enjoying marvelous food. This ride will be a 2-2 1/2 hr., 97 mile ride each way. We'll go over the Cherohala Skyway, past Lake Santeetlah, over 129 to Deals Gap, then on Hellbender 28 to Franklin. Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.

Caffé Rel isn't very large, so I'm a bit concerned about too large a group going over, so maybe a group of 12 should be tops. Please let me know your interest, and as we get closer to the time, the day will be decided.

GREAT RIDING, GREAT FRIENDS, AND GREAT FOOD...NOT A BAD IDEA!!

David
IMO the real gem on the way to Franklin is 28 south of the four lane at Lauda. A short straight run quickly pours into the sweetest set of twisties anywhere. With a 50 limit and fresh pavement to the county line it is sublime.
Turn around at Tellico Rd. and run it back North to fill your day with physics.

Name:  St Basille crewe 2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  871.5 KB

On my top 3 list.

Last edited by Amplific; 09-13-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Removed negative vibes although.........
post #629 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Ed, you missed the point...leave at 10AM, eat lunch at Caffé Rel at 1PM, back at Tellico at 5pm. This is a lunch trip, and it's now going to be Friday for sure (unless Florence has other thoughts).
That's what I thought as well... still open to the optional two different lunch times, or a group to The Filling Station Deli as well. If it is the later, we would leave earlier (9am) eat earlier, and would ride 28 down through Franklin, and back on Wayah Rd. and over the Skyway to Tellico to be back before dinner. If you like ice cream sammiches, you won't want to miss the deli... I would suggest the larger the group, the earlier the departure time. It takes more time than you may think to get groups of people all to the same place, especially if they are a good mix of skill levels.
silentservice703 likes this.

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
post #630 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 06:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Ah yes....I did miss the point !! I was thinking dinner, not lunch.... I'm in then.
EFLYER-1 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode