Gapalicious 2018 - Page 62 - MVAgusta.net
 520Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #611 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
drmasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greenwich
Posts: 1,477
Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Angelo and I will be getting in late Wed night. May need someone to get the key to our crib on riverfront for us...
silentservice703 likes this.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
drmasis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #612 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
silentservice703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Duxbury, MA, USA
Posts: 20,267
Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@drmasis: We will take care of that. Didn't they leave your key in their mailbox on the front porch last year?

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020


'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
silentservice703 is offline  
post #613 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:45 AM
New Member
 
EFLYER-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 39
Caffe Rel

Here's a thought...


On Friday or Saturday of Gapalicious, Mary and I will be leading a ride to Caffé Rel (https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel ), in Franklin. Caffé Rel is the best French restaurant in NC, and we have eaten there numerous times, enjoying marvelous food. This ride will be a 2-2 1/2 hr., 97 mile ride each way. We'll go over the Cherohala Skyway, past Lake Santeetlah, over 129 to Deals Gap, then on Hellbender 28 to Franklin. Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.


Caffé Rel isn't very large, so I'm a bit concerned about too large a group going over, so maybe a group of 12 should be tops. Please let me know your interest, and as we get closer to the time, the day will be decided.


GREAT RIDING, GREAT FRIENDS, AND GREAT FOOD...NOT A BAD IDEA!!


David
silentservice703 likes this.
EFLYER-1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #614 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Chr1s_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFLYER-1 View Post
Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.

No doubt I'll be corrected if wrong but I think that was the road we used to get to the Dragon on the first Gapalicious along the lake? If yes you're right, it was a really nice road!
silentservice703 likes this.

'06 Ducati 999S
'04 MV Agusta F4 SPR
'97 Ducati 748S
'97 Ducati 916SPS

Last edited by Chr1s_j; 09-12-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Chr1s_j is offline  
post #615 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
silentservice703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Duxbury, MA, USA
Posts: 20,267
Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Chris, you are correct! Three years ago when we stayed at Fontana Village for the first Gapalicious, that was our route to the Tail.
Chr1s_j likes this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020


'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
silentservice703 is offline  
post #616 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Draginknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Posts: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFLYER-1 View Post
Here's a thought...


On Friday or Saturday of Gapalicious, Mary and I will be leading a ride to Caffé Rel (https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel ), in Franklin. Caffé Rel is the best French restaurant in NC, and we have eaten there numerous times, enjoying marvelous food. This ride will be a 2-2 1/2 hr., 97 mile ride each way. We'll go over the Cherohala Skyway, past Lake Santeetlah, over 129 to Deals Gap, then on Hellbender 28 to Franklin. Along the way we'll ride the best 12 miles in NC; no, not the Tail of The Dragon, but the 12 miles on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to the Fontana Resort...it's both technical and beautiful.


Caffé Rel isn't very large, so I'm a bit concerned about too large a group going over, so maybe a group of 12 should be tops. Please let me know your interest, and as we get closer to the time, the day will be decided.


GREAT RIDING, GREAT FRIENDS, AND GREAT FOOD...NOT A BAD IDEA!!


David
That's a pretty decent ride, and wayah road out to Franklin is great (not to mention the falls, if traffic isn't too bad). Have never eaten at the place you speak of, but wouldn't mind trying a new place. Maybe we can stagger the ride and they can feed us in a couple of groups at different times? If not I can lead a similar ride, but up to Bryson City for lunch at The Filling Station Deli.
silentservice703 and BF519 like this.

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
Draginknee is offline  
post #617 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
silentservice703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Duxbury, MA, USA
Posts: 20,267
Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@Draginknee, @EFLYER-1: Both of those rides sound delicious.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020


'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
silentservice703 is offline  
post #618 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Allworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draginknee View Post
That's a pretty decent ride, and wayah road out to Franklin is great (not to mention the falls, if traffic isn't too bad). Have never eaten at the place you speak of, but wouldn't mind trying a new place. Maybe we can stagger the ride and they can feed us in a couple of groups at different times? If not I can lead a similar ride, but up to Bryson City for lunch at The Filling Station Deli.
I have often stayed in Maggie Valley and in Bryson City and I remember riding on Wayah Rd. and rt 28 in Franklin. There are some nice stretches in that area. I have often taken BRP from Cherokee to Maggie Valley too.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
Allworld is offline  
post #619 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
 
R1andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 7,462
New Site Garage
Not sure if gas will be an issue, so I am bringing alone 15 gallons of non-ethanol gas.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
R1andrew is offline  
post #620 of 820 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Ian SAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NC. USA
Posts: 4,530
New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
.....
Attached Images
 
R1andrew, esq'z me, RBx and 1 others like this.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
Ian SAVS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome