June 1st to June 3rd/4th 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
May 25th to May 28th 2018 - MVosges, event in Vosges, France

Hi everyone

Following some discussion initiated by @Gero HH, @Bumpkin and myself a few months ago, and a meet in Vercors with @LLP and @Bumpkin, we proposed to organize a European MVAgusta.net meeting somewhere in the Southern Vosges (North Eastern corner of France) between Friday May 25th and Sunday May 27th/Monday May 28th 2018.

The Vosges is a mountainous region (not particularly high) in the Alsace. A lot of woodland and some great twisty roads over an undulating landscape. Two days will be a great introduction to the area with the opportunity for anyone attending this event, either before or after, to extend their trip with a few days in the Black Forest to the East, the Nurburgring to the North, the Alps to the South East or just to explore the Vosges more thoroughly.

Here is what we have in mind:

- Active participation in mvagusta.net mandatory to register
- A week-end, with participant arrivals on Friday evening and departures on Sunday or Monday morning (if arrival on Saturday morning, we will have to set a meeting point at lunch time)
- Evening dinners organized on the site
- Breakfasts organized
- Friends of forum members welcome (as pillion or on their own bike)
- Rideouts on Saturday and Sunday. Indications for routes will be provided.
- 12 seats in total as limitation for the dorm provided. Cost will be around 60€ / day for night accommodation, evening dinner and breakfast. Lunchs will be in supplement
- Any participant who would like to join after the 12 first seats are taken would be required to find accommodation on his own.

We are still currently working on the details for the accommodation and details will be provided later.

Intended participation as gathered untill now
  • MarcSilverTriple TV (France) + 1 Brutale 910 (France) + 2 KTM (France, almost locals)
  • Bumpkin TV (UK)
  • rick749 TV (UK) + 1 Tracer (UK)
  • Gero HH TV (Germany)
  • Limpwrist Brutale 1090RR (UK) (TBC)

That makes 9 seats currently taken. We have still 3 seats available. Respond to this thread if you want to join.

In order to give you a bit of time to prepare the roadbooks, the location will be :
Hôtel Restaurant Le Rouge Gazon
88560 Saint-Maurice sur Moselle
France

Details on the accommodations will come later. Within the next few weeks, I'll contact the participants to indicate how to proceed into the accommodation. A deposit of 10 euros will be requested by the hotel for each of us. You'll get the informations in details for this (including iban or other ways to proceed). In case you don't have the information yet to organize your booking, please contact me in order get details before contacting the hotel

We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Please follow up this post as details will be update in the thread and here. / history of the previous post was kept in next post.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarcSilverTriple; 05-06-2018 at 06:59 AM. Reason: update to focus the post on the event
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Ger, Sorry, your username got mentioned here initially by mistake as I did forget the space in Gero HH

**** Added Feb 4th to keep history of the content of the initial mail for this event - I'll update below for each change in the initial post****
Hi everyone

Following some discussion initiated by Gero HH, Bumpkin and myself a few months ago, and a meet in Vercors with LLP and Bumpkin, we would like to propose to organize a European MVAgusta.net meeting somewhere in the Southern Vosges (North Eastern corner of France) during May or June 2018.

The Vosges is a mountainous region (not particularly high) in the Alsace. A lot of woodland and some great twisty roads over an undulating landscape. Two days will be a great introduction to the area with the opportunity for anyone attending this event, either before or after, to extend their trip with a few days in the Black Forest to the East, the Nurburgring to the North, the Alps to the South East or just to explore the Vosges more thoroughly.

We would like to gauge the interest for a such a meeting before starting to look for suitable accommodation which will act as a base location. We obviously need an idea of the number of people attending for the elected weekend before starting this search. At this stage we aren't asking for an absolute commitment, more a serious intent in taking part such an occasion.

Here is what we have in mind:

- Active participation in mvagusta.net mandatory to register
- A week-end, with participant arrivals on Friday evening or Saturday morning and departures on Sunday or Monday morning
- Evening dinners organized on the site
- Breakfasts organized
- Friends of forum members welcome (as pillion or on their own bike)
- Rideouts on Saturday and Sunday. We highly suggest to split groups into groups of max 8-10 bikers to avoid any issue with french law enforcement teams. Indications for routes will be provided.

Please indicate your preferred weekend by voting in the poll.

Also please post below stating your interest in participating and your rooming preference; single, double or shared (you need a parter for double, one will not be provided ). If relevant mention if you will have a pillion or be accompanied by another rider on their own bike. If you wish to volunteer to help in the organization of the event please say so.

Once we have located suitable accommodation a deposit as a firm commitment will be required so that we can secure the rooms. Final payment will be a few weeks before the event itself. I hasten to add that this event is being run on a cost only basis. Pricing will be added once we have found somewhere, rest assured we will be looking for good value.

We're looking forward to seeing you there!
(post prepared with Bumpkin)

Update September 23rd 2017
At this stage, the following users have expressed interest for this event:
  • Bumpkin TVL, UK
  • Eljono Rivale, Norway
  • MarkoG TV, Croatia - to be confirmed before the event
  • Arcimboldo TV, France
  • rick749 TV, UK
  • Gero HH TVL, Germany
  • zzaraxx TV RC, Croatia - To be confirmed before the event

Arcimboldo dropped an idea (which I must recognize I was having as well) to propose the same to the french mvagusta forum. As I post there, I will initiate a post there within the next days to see if there is some motivation there. And unless we are getting more traction, the organization does not seem to require a booking upfront. I'll continue to update this post with the interests.

Update January 29th:
Intended participation for May 25th to May 27th/28th
  • MarcSilverTriple TV (France)
  • Bumpkin TV (UK)
  • rick749 TV (UK) + 1 Tracer (UK)
  • Eljono Rivale (Norway)
  • Gero HH TV (Germany)
Gero HH and Gero HH like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarcSilverTriple; 02-04-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: changed content to keep history of the elements and to focus the first post to the actual content of the event.
post #3 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 02:00 PM

New Site Garage
Voted for May 25th to May 27th/28th, a public holiday weekend in the UK so less work disruption.

Just me, happy to be in a single or shared room.

As I intend to be travelling to the Chunnel on Thursday the 24th, returning to UK soil on Tuesday the 29th, there won't be much in the way of holiday weekend traffic congesting the roads. I would plan to stay at a place I know near Châlons-en-Champagne, 200 odd miles of Autoroute from Calais and then go cross country from there on the Friday to the accommodation for the weekend.

Well done Marc. Bring it on!

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 01:04 AM

New Site Garage
A very intriguing initiative...I thrust my arm up in the air, very tentatively! Err... what's this about a poll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan
Southern Norway
2014 flat-bar, naked F3-like thingy with mx-style rear
post #5 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 01:43 AM

New Site Garage
Voted for May 18th to May 21th/22th, a public holiday weekend in Germany so less work disruption.

just for me, in a single or shared room....

would be perfect this weekend for me because 2 bank Holidays at this weekend!!
I would be then on Friday afternoon/evening in Vosges...

well done Marc !! ... looking forward how everything is going on...

Gero
post #6 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hello,

As not many did mention interest, let me precise a bit what we have in mind in term of timing for the organization of the event:
  • Sept/Oct 2017 : sense the interest (number of people)
  • Nov 2017 : identify the place, preset the booking
  • Dec 2017/ Jan 2018 : once place is set, communicate on the destination, costs and details informations
  • Feb 2018 : Registration
  • early March 2018 : Confirm the booking to the site
  • April 2018 : Dream
  • May/June 2018: Enjoy

One key element to start with is to be able to fix a target number of people +/- 20% to be able to discuss price conditions and booking conditions with the owner of the sites we will discuss with...

@LLP @zzaraxx @dawsor @Marko G. @rick749 you mentioned potential interest in this thread: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/2299065-post1.html, maybe you didn't see the poll yet, so highlighting it...
Marko G. and Marko G. like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
post #7 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 03:28 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I must admit I am tempted but I will not be able to confirm before next year because I am about to become a father and I am afraid I will have huge problem explaining to my lady why I am leaving her for a week or so. However, I will save the dates so maybe last minute I can join (minimum chances but)...
Thank your for the invite and for the initiative @MarcSilverTriple!
Regards!
Marko

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #8 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 04:04 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko G. View Post
I am about to become a father
Congratulations Marko! You and your good lady are about to embark a defining period of your life as well as creating a living legacy.

All the best and see you in 18 years

Seriously, if you can make the Vosges trip it would be great but obviously family comes first, especially one involving a new born.
Gero HH, Gero HH, Marko G. and 1 others like this.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 05:25 AM

New Site Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
Congratulations Marko!
All the best and see you in 18 years ...
@Marko G. Best of luck

But it takes about twice that nowadays DAMHIK

@MarcSilverTriple! For more audience, why dont'cha go rattle the cage of the natives?
Marko G. and Marko G. like this.

Dragster
post #10 of 189 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 02:46 PM

Just spotted this post? Voted 25th to 28th May but can probably fit in with any of the dates mentioned. Would ride over via Chunnel on Thursday and maybe stay in the area until following weekend
Just myself, single room or shared.

Thanks for organising should be a good weekend ?

"http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/24-events-rides-group-rides-meets/220873-may-25th-may-28th-2018-mvosges-event-vosges-france.html#post2334257"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode