MV Agusta Forum banner

Next Gapalicious - 2017

54K views 736 replies 35 participants last post by  number2 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is it too early to start talking about this year?

#482 ·
Only if it's bad vodka. (That's an oxymoron.):grin2:

#445 ·
We'll be stopping in Northern GA or there about on Tues night if anyone wants to drive up in a caravan together on Wed morning. I'll firm up my count tonight, I've got 3 definite including me, and the 4th should be confirming with me in the next 24hrs or so. End of the week at the latest.

#446 ·
These MV riders? Or at least Italian bikes? >:)

Just kidding. If they're friends of yours ... they're friends of ours. :smile2:

#448 ·
Wait!!! ML's not coming along?! :surprise:

#449 ·
Kevin, you need to catch up with the program....:wink2:

#460 ·
Come break bread with us....

#483 ·
For the uninitiated...THIS is what you will be missing!

At the risk of a friendship, what are friends for, here is a picture of the lovely ML on HER Brutale 1090RR:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

Now you know why a bunch of us are bitching about her NOT being there. Besides that, she is a wonderful person and "wicked smaht" and fun to be around. (Excellent mamma to two beautiful kids (and Curtis!), too!)

#472 ·
@nk140: Excellent news. Do you want in on the dinner plan?

#473 ·
But you are leaving Thursday just after we get there Wednesday!!! Extend your stay !!!!

#474 ·
Come have a sandwich with us Wednesday afternoon/evening

#477 ·
Just how did the term "bangers" originate?

#478 ·
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangers_and_mash

Etymology

Although it is sometimes stated that the term "bangers" has its origins in World War II, the term was actually in use at least as far back as 1919.The term "bangers" is attributed (in common usage in the UK) to the fact that sausages made during World War I, when there were meat shortages, were made with such a high water content that were more liable to pop under high heat when cooked;modern sausages do not have this attribute. The contraction of "mashed potato" to "mashed" rather than "mash" was common among the upper-middle and upper classes in Britain up to the mid Twentieth Century, and was an example of U and non-U English.

#479 ·
^History lesson of the day.... cool.

Well, you all lucked out, looks like I'll be riding the Brutale for the trip. My new CF mounts for my Sato Banzais on the RC51 didn't work out, and I need to ship my old exhaust to it's new owner who has been waiting a month already. As fun as it would be to ride around a big twin with no exhaust, it's not gonna happen. Hopefully I don't push the Brutale over the cliff in frustration as we have a love hate relationship. I love it's looks, and it hates me.... I hate it's gearbox and throttle, and it still hates me...

#480 ·
It's appropriate Curtis. You are staying in the Brutie cabin, right? Sausages are all the craze of the Brutie clan. Bring your KY jelly. >:)

Reactions: andrew fotheringham
#492 ·
Point taken...

Sad news. I was texting Randy today. It looks like he is not going to be able to make it. Said he had a shoulder injury and was unable to ride.
WTH?! This is like a bunch of degenerate kids hanging out with no father...

#481 ·
Beat me to it, Kev!

Curtis, perhaps we can do an ECU swap and see if that tames your beast.....

#493 ·
If it's not too much work. I really don't want to work any more than I have to on "vacation", lol.

At the risk of a friendship, what are friends for, here is a picture of the lovely ML on HER Brutale 1090RR:

View attachment 402729

Now you know why a bunch of us are bitching about her NOT being there. Besides that, she is a wonderful person and "wicked smaht" and fun to be around. (Excellent mamma to two beautiful kids (and Curtis!), too!)
That she is. I'll make sure to give her my, and everyone else's love before I head north >:)

#484 ·
Chris J flies in to Boston tomorrow at noon....

5 days to The Crow's Nest.

Reactions: italia
#486 ·
Damn! This sounds like it will be so much fun and am upset that I am going to miss out on it. I was so looking forward to taking my first trip to the gap with a bunch of other MV riders but it takes MV more than two months to build and ship an engine.
Hope all you guys have a blast!
Ride safe!
They say there is always next year but if I do not hear anything soon about my bike I am afraid I will have to leave the MV brotherhood

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.