Isle of Man **Mad sunday** - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 02:07 PM

Awesome place and Love it,
Go at least twice a year and even worth a visit when No racing on just to race round with No Speed limits on the mountain and other sections.

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 04:08 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red800 View Post
http://cannonballism.com
Been thinking of doing it myself for a couple years, may treat myself for my 50th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did it last time in 2014 across Spain, it was great fun....may still be places left if you drop them an email, its June next year. Usually about 35 bikes, great bunch of people.

cheers
bogie
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Established Member

Looks like fun, wish we had something similar here in Oz. One of life's bucket list things is to go to the TT, doing Mad Sunday would tip it all off.

Thanks for sharing.

Graham
00 Red/Grey Hayabusa
10 BMW K1300GT
16 Dragster 800RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:56 AM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Some of you might enjoy watching my Dragster RR going round the mountain

https://youtu.be/ME7sfAvtUGI

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Very cool.....................: smile2:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 07:24 AM

Awesome

2016 Dragster RR
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakat View Post
Looks like fun, wish we had something similar here in Oz. One of life's bucket list things is to go to the TT, doing Mad Sunday would tip it all off.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, I may have a few more but really need to upload them

I think it's definitely something that if you have the chance should try. Some of my best bike memories are there
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:58 AM
sms
Established Member

nice upload, lots of bad riders who cant read the road lol

Never Poke The Bear!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv raptor View Post
i enjoyed that dean brought back memories of doing the same in 1987 on a gsxr1100 slabside
I was on a RD500LC on Mad Sunday 1987, it was my first visit to the island. I remember some riders showing me and my mate that we not quite as fast as we thought we were.
The wind was so bad in some sections of the mountain that a Ferrari came by and there was nothing we could do about. Still didn't stop me from doing a couple of laps though.

To get onto the ferry we had to ride across a plank, quite a wide one, but still it made me balk, and I was quite a reckless sod.
A bike went down in the ferry hold and took a whole line of bikes with it.
A real adventure for me when I was 20 and a lot of fun, so many bikes every where that it was difficult to park even in the side streets if you were late back from the racing.
A bikers heaven and a must I think, even if only once.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv raptor View Post
i enjoyed that dean brought back memories of doing the same in 1987 on a gsxr1100 slabside
I was on a RD500LC on Mad Sunday 1987, it was my first visit to the island. I remember some riders showing me and my mate that we not quite as fast as we thought we were.
The wind was so bad in some sections of the mountain that a Ferrari came by and there was nothing we could do about. Still didn't stop me from doing a couple of laps though.

To get onto the ferry we had to ride across a plank, quite a wide one, but still it made me balk, and I was quite a reckless sod.
A bike went down in the ferry hold and took a whole line of bikes with it.
A real adventure for me when I was 20 and a lot of fun, so many bikes every where that it was difficult to park even in the side streets if you were late back from the racing.
A bikers heaven and a must I think, even if only once.
Thats exactly as it is now 30 years on. I did it in 2006 on my Benelli for the first time and gave up road bikes for near on 10 years and did it again as you can see in the video

A few more speed limits and obviously cost can be a bit spiteful but other than that definitely a great memory

As for the wind... Unless you've done that mountain section at speed like you say, you can appreciate how windy it is. I made a comment at the beginning of my video 10 years ago about it, then forgot all about it and did the mountain only to say the same again

It'll take 20mph off your bike speed and can move you across a lane if you don't have your witts about you
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 10:36 AM

I think maybe your Dragster RR has some advantage in that I think a fully fared bike may well catch the side winds more. No how idea how one of the TT riders copes with 30+mph cross winds on a bad day.

There were a lot of crawlers in your video, I don't remember so many slow riders on my visits. They looked more like tourers than sports riders, does the island attract many tourers these days?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode