Car/bike show at Paramount Ranch Sat., Oct 1 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Car/bike show at Paramount Ranch Sat., Oct 1

Sorry for posting this so late. I only learned of it myself a few hours ago.

There is a car and bike show at Paramount Ranch in the Santa Monica Mountains this Saturday (Oct. 1) beginning @ 10:00 AM.

This will be a first-time event for the Park Service, so this will be low key and pretty informal. There will be no admission and no judging.

Paramount Ranch has been a movie and TV film set for nearly 100 years. The centerpiece of it is a replica of an old-west town. This will also serve as the display site for the car and bike show on Saturday. You'll be able to get a pic of your bike or car in front of a saloon, feed store, or jail. I'm thinking Italian bikes>old-west town=The makings of a Nouveau Spaghetti-Western!

It turns out that there used to be a small racetrack (car) adjacent to the old-west town that was used in the 1950's. Some of the cars that raced there, and some of the drivers who competed there, will be there again on Saturday. Part of the track is still there. This is actually the impetus for the show in the first place. There will be a brief talk about the racetrack and the drivers along with some archival film footage.

Paramount Ranch is right off of Cornell and Mulholland. Although there is no food service there, the Rock Store is only a couple of miles away. The Snake, Latigo Cyn., Encinal Cyn., Malibu Cyn., PCH, Piuma, and Stunt Road are all close-by if you want to get your Rossi on....just saying.

The weather should be good, and I think this will be a lot of fun. Please contact Ranger Ryan Stead @ (805) 418-3176 for more details.

A few friends and I will be meeting at the Gelsons supermarket near the intersection of Mulholland Drive and Mulholland Hwy. @ :930 AM. KSU by 10:00.for those of you unfamiliar with the area, we will be happy to show you the surrounding canyons, overlooks, places where the cops hang out, etc.
Please understand that we welcome everyone on our rides, regardless of what brand of bike you ride. Except for Harley's of course! JK, JK. I even had..err...have a friend who just bought one; He'll be riding at the back. JK, JK, NK.

BTW, this may also be a chance for us to change perspectives that some car guys have about bike guys. Try to remember this as you pass them on Mulholland!

Unfortunately, my phone died an untimely (and violent) death earlier this evening. I will try to get it replaced tomorrow, but if you can't reach me, please email me at the address below with your phone number and I will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
Bob (714) 209-6558

[email protected]..

"Motorcycle racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode