MV Agusta Forum banner

Central Oregon - McKenzie pass

739 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  agusta 17 
#1 ·
This one is a bit off the beaten path but pretty amazing I would say. I've lived all over the world and am currently on assignment in Japan, which has necessitated me to store my toys at my ranch in Central Oregon. Having been able to ride some of the classics both in Europe and on the East Coast, I have come away very impressed with the McKenzie Highway in the Three Sisters National Wilderness.
Think Tail of the Dragon meets Lord of the Rings : endless twists and turns with some 3000 feet of elevation changes thrown into it, all of this in a volcanic landscape setting.

I did not meet any other biker (nor pig) during this rather lengthy ride, so it cannot be labeled popular.
The 312R prove to be a handful in this setting, my less powerful Ducati might have been a better tool for this specific road.

Attached some pics, which could have turned out nicer had the volcanoes not been wrapped in clouds.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.