Scotland Tour - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
JB8

Scotland Tour

Not sure if this is the right place to post about a road trip, if it's not Sorry!

I've just returned from 4 days in Scotland, all we could get away with work commitments but we packed each day full!

In Brief: We left on Monday evening from my place in Cheshire (My mate had ridden up from London in the Morning) to Moffat for the night. Tuesday we rode via Tweedsmuir, Forth Road Bridge on to St. Andrews for lunch then through the Cairngorms (via Cock Bridge, just had to be done) to Inverness. Wednesday Inverness to Durness (lunch stop) via Tongue then on to Drumbeat, Lochinver and round to Ullapool for the night. Thursday was 350miles of utter awesomeness taking in Garve, Kinlochchewe, Sheildag, Fearnemore, Applecross (Applecross Pass), Strathcarron, Invergarry, Fortwilliam, Glencoe, Tyndrum and on to Ayr. Friday was through New Galloway to Dumfries and then home to Cheshire, 1300miles later.

We've ridden through beaming sunshine and been in the middle of a Thunderstorm (and I mean in the middle of the cloud) with thunder and lightening going of all around us in the Cairngorms. The roads turned in to rivers, where I discovered the Turismo can wade through nearly 20" of water, had no choice, grinned (and prayed) the whole way through.
Played tag with a Maserati through the twisties, God it sounded good! It was an amazing four days that my mate planned and I can't quite believe it's over!

A few pics:
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 05:00 PM

New Site Garage
Awesome, thanks for the pics. They remind me of our tour last year, Applecross pass is apparently quite nice, couldn't see more than a few yards. Glad you had some sunshine and only some light rain (like Wales, if it doesn't rain you're not quite sure if you're really there..).

Out of interest how are your electrics after all that rain and going through 20" of water, are your rear indicators still working properly?

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 06-11-2016 at 05:02 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
JB8

Must admit that after the soaking in the rain we were very happy to see the sunshine, but as you say if it hadn't rained we would have been wondering what the hell was happening!!!

Bike was great, no major problems, just a few little issues: The back left indicator has gone a dark grey on the inside but still works fine, will be raising this with the dealer when it goes in for the warranty recall work. Other issues were that towards the end of the trip the rear brake seemed to come on lightly (noticed it in first gear coming to a stop at junctions, bike wanted to pull up quicker than with just engine braking), a little upwards pressure on the foot pedal seemed to alleviate this and it hasn't returned, seems bizarre! Final one was that the engine seemed to bog down at a constant throttle doing about 50 mph (felt like fuel starvation) but a couple of downshifts and feathering the throttle sorted it and again it's not returned.
I've played with a number of the on bike settings (as still can't link the app) and it is really starting to feel smoother and even more suited towards the way I ride, being able to tweek the rebound and compression a little will sort things out perfectly. Has anybody else noticed that in Touring mode when you hit the brakes hard the front end dives down faster than a home sick mole?
The Following User Says Thank You to JB8 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 09:39 PM

I think the engine takes awhile to break in. I find that at 3K+ miles the bike is more fun than at 1K+ miles.

I think the rear indicator is water problems - that seems to be a common problem. I haven't ridden in any significant rain yet so I haven't see that issue.

Looks like a run few days of riding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

'16 MV TV | '16 BMW R1200GSw
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 01:58 AM

New Site Garage
The problem with the rear indicator I have also. The right side (exhaust side) is the worst. I had to drive in a few rain shower and the left side was just a bit moisture inside but the right side was filled up half with water!
I took the indicator off and got the water out. The leak is more on the top from the indicator. I've asked my dealer for a replacement of warranty, but he is not sure this is an warranty issue. Unbelievable, a bike from 18k €!! He tried to get in touch with someone from MV Augusta on the phone but no luck...
But unfortunately and nearby he told me that's my clutch switch and my quick shifter sensor arrived. I can't believe that after 3 ˝ month!! Next Friday I have a date with my dealer to fix it. So he will have a look at the indicator as well ...
I never been to Scotland, but it must be beautiful. I lived a few years in North Wales and I loved it!! It has to be raining otherwise you are not in Wales or Scotland

Gero
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:15 AM

New Site Garage
Looks like a great few days riding, yer right cannae be in Scotland if you only get 1 seasons weather, at times it's all 4 in one day

Current steed - MY16 Dragster RR
Previous Bike - 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Scottish and living it up in South East Spain
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
JB8

Cheers for moving the thread to the right spot!

Scotland is one of the best places in the world when the weather is on side, the rest of the time it's just an amazing place!

Gero HH I noticed on another thread that you have a (I think) a Dianese tail pack, which one is it, it looks perfect?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode