Biking plans for 2016 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Biking plans for 2016

Well after an excellent 2015 I need to start thinking about 2016.

I already have a few plans. In January I will be going see Nick Sanders give a talk at my local dealers. I went last year and it was a brilliant evening.

At Easter I will be taking my Yamaha Thundercat up to Scotland to meet up with friends from the forum for that bike as i did last year and in 2012. Should be great fun. Not many turn up on a Thundercat these days, last year it was all KTMs and Ducatis! perhaps I should take the MV...

In June I will be in Wales for another Thundercat meeting. Never missed this superb event over the 8 years it has been held. I always have an awesome time, so should be a goodie

More sketchy plans exist to take my recently acquired 1090RR Brutalea to Germany with a couple of BMW riding friends. But we are still in the planning stage at the moment, but whatever we do I am sure it will be a blast. If it anything like as good as my recent trips over the last few years, it will be an adventure to remember.

I also hope to get over to Ireland on a bike to visit the origins of my family. In County Tipperary in the south and County Tyrone in the north. I have not been to Ireland since I was a kid back in 1979. My parents are no longer with us, so this promises to be an interesting and quite possibly emotional trip on quite a few levels.

Finally I want to get to some of the superb bike nights that are held in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, relatively local to me. It will be good to show off the MV and spread the word!

I would like to get to a few MV meets if I can. There was a FB ride out group but that suddenly vanished...not sure why tbh.

Here's to a cracking 2016 and meeting up with as many folks as possible!

Last edited by Radar; 01-04-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 03:32 AM

I was gona come to a UK biking night as well, ride through Germany to France and hop on the Euro train. Then ferry back to Norway, and ride to Lapland and across the Finnish border there and drive a bit south to my home Should be somewhere near 5000km trip. Is there a site where i could see the biking night dates and citys?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I will check and find out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Im coming at the end of July, To Dover and start from there.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 12:36 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinForza View Post
I was gona come to a UK biking night as well, ride through Germany to France and hop on the Euro train. Then ferry back to Norway, and ride to Lapland and across the Finnish border there and drive a bit south to my home Should be somewhere near 5000km trip. Is there a site where i could see the biking night dates and citys?
Wednesday is the main night at Squires, weekends very busy also. Keep checking this site they should be updating the events calendar, check out the gallery.

http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/about_us/index.asp
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 AM

Seems like a big gathering that!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 04:55 AM

The UK ride out group vanished due to some people not being able to play nice and the organiser (not me btw, but a friend) decided to do without the hassle. Ride outs will be organised on the other FB group though.

My plans are a bit unknown at the moment. I do plan to do at least one big trip on this year, maybe France for a weekend, or Wales (France is actually closer!). But money dependent I may be shifting the F3, so it depends on whether I replace it or not?

I quite fancy getting the MV on the track (I did around 8 track days last year) but I am a bit worried about sod's law.

Riding has been slowing down a bit for the last few years, hoping next year will be a tuning point.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 06:03 AM

Get my 1078's suspension properly sorted then start looking at fuel tuning...

And ride. A lot.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Finally I want to get to some of the superb bike nights that are held in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, relatively local to me. It will be good to show off the MV and spread the word!
Let me know if you are heading to anything in Gloucestershire as not too far from me, could join you. Also just had a look at your BikeMeet site, looks good, will sign up.

Neville
Turismo Veloce
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 03:51 PM

No euro road trip this year . But I have booked the Italian Moto GP at Mugello!!. Go to see Valentino in Italy before he retires.
Hope to have a couple of weekends away to Wales and the peak district .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode