NEC Show - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

NEC Show

Hi All
Went to the Bike show at the NEC today, The MV stand was small but perfectly formed, it highlighted IE there was a TV screen showing the Lewis Hamilton Dragster & I have to say it does look better in the metal. The new 800 Brutale also looks better than the photos & sitting on it is more comfy than the old one as the seat does not slide you into the tank as much & it seems a more natural reach to the bars.
I dont know if a change to a hydrolic clutch is an improvement or not.
As an aside I bought some stand attachments for my Abba superbike stand that the company said that would fit my Butale 800RR When I got home & tried it the left hand side fitted into the swingarm nut OK but the right hand side was a round reducer thahat was supposed to go over the nut on the right hand side of the frame. This seemed to be slightly too small & when the bike was lifted the rear tyre was still touching the ground & was not too stable. Has anyone got an Abba stand that works or perhaps the fitment is for a B4.
On the whole the show was smaller than last year but I still like the Nortons, Arial was there but I'm not sure I could spend £20000 +VAT on a Honda VFR 1200. Iliked the Triumph Speed triple R & the Thruxton .The Yamaha MT10 is a beast but the front looks like Jonny Five & it has yellow wheels & that does not float my boat.
Sorry for the ramble but I twisted my ankle on the way in & now my alcohol induced painkiller seems to have impaired my ability to write anything coherent. Thanks for reading.
Nick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 05:41 PM

Thanks for that mate I'm going up on Thursday so hoping it will be a little quieter. By the way did you get any pics of some scantily clad bikes.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Enjoy fella ,I take it you have been there before, MCN & Big ED still have some loveys walking about but I'm too old & too slow to get pictures. Bikes Kawasaki & Suzuki have nakeds worth a look . The Royal Enfield Continental GT has a Kick Start how authentic is that ? The BM S1000R was still in the frame untill I got my 800RR Why you ask ? A German 1000cc 160HP Super Naked Against an Italian 140 HP 800,? It's ITALIAN FFS ,Stylish & Speedy ,sorry again but the drink is talking again....
Nick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 12:27 AM

Went yesterday , though it was better than the last few years - loved seeing MV there - cool stand to

Although I did have a soft spot for this beauty

Name:  ImageUploadedByMO Free1448778376.364367.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  156.3 KB

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky159 View Post
Hi All
Went to the Bike show at the NEC today, The MV stand was small but perfectly formed, it highlighted IE there was a TV screen showing the Lewis Hamilton Dragster & I have to say it does look better in the metal. The new 800 Brutale also looks better than the photos & sitting on it is more comfy than the old one as the seat does not slide you into the tank as much & it seems a more natural reach to the bars.
I dont know if a change to a hydrolic clutch is an improvement or not.
As an aside I bought some stand attachments for my Abba superbike stand that the company said that would fit my Butale 800RR When I got home & tried it the left hand side fitted into the swingarm nut OK but the right hand side was a round reducer thahat was supposed to go over the nut on the right hand side of the frame. This seemed to be slightly too small & when the bike was lifted the rear tyre was still touching the ground & was not too stable. Has anyone got an Abba stand that works or perhaps the fitment is for a B4.
On the whole the show was smaller than last year but I still like the Nortons, Arial was there but I'm not sure I could spend £20000 +VAT on a Honda VFR 1200. Iliked the Triumph Speed triple R & the Thruxton .The Yamaha MT10 is a beast but the front looks like Jonny Five & it has yellow wheels & that does not float my boat.
Sorry for the ramble but I twisted my ankle on the way in & now my alcohol induced painkiller seems to have impaired my ability to write anything coherent. Thanks for reading.
Nick.
It seems to get smaller year on year, Going to do the EICMA show next year methinks
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 12:13 PM

New Site Garage
I went today and thought it was a bit naff to be honest, probably did it within an hour or two, walked around it probably 10 times to try and justify the cost and the 3hr trip up!

Thought it was disgusting that since last time I went watching the motox and BMX freestyle was free but now it's hidden behind a black curtain and you have to pay another £8 to watch it WTF!!!!!

Liked the Triumph Thruxton R, the new Brutale and the Ducati Diaval X

Doubt I'd bother going again.

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 PM

New Site Garage
NEC Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky159 View Post
As an aside I bought some stand attachments for my Abba superbike stand that the company said that would fit my Butale 800RR When I got home & tried it the left hand side fitted into the swingarm nut OK but the right hand side was a round reducer thahat was supposed to go over the nut on the right hand side of the frame. This seemed to be slightly too small & when the bike was lifted the rear tyre was still touching the ground & was not too stable. Has anyone got an Abba stand that works or perhaps the fitment is for a B4. :

I went through all this with them a couple years ago with my Brutale 800, they had never tried their stand with the bike up to that point. I bought the B4 Brutale kit as that seemed right when I told them the size of the nut and bolt hole etc. The reducer ring that goes on the right hand side is ever so slightly too small, I tapped it on with a hammer just enough to be able to see where the edges of the nut touched, then using a small triangular needle file I filed it back so that it would fit over the nut.
Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1448821907.431678.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  101.5 KB

If you want the wheel to be off the ground though you have two choices, wait until you have flat spotted the rear tyre enough for it to clear the ground or put something either side of your bike for the Abba stand to stand on to raise it up an inch, I used a couple paving slabs. The reason is the 3 cylinder MV's have a higher swing arm pivot point than B4's and pretty much every other bike too. I did explain all this to Abba when I found this out but they obviously didn't mention it to you?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ackers; 11-29-2015 at 12:41 PM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Established Member

I also have an Abba stand, the right hand adapter is definitely a snug fit. It usually gets stuck on the nut so left behind on the bike when I remove the stand, and takes a bit of wriggling to free it.
I use a slab of 30mm MDF under the stand to get the rear wheel of my Tursimo off the ground.

I'm off to the NEC next Saturday, looking forward to seeing the new Triumphs.

Neville
Turismo Veloce

Last edited by r6ymy; 11-29-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: forgot about NEC
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 03:32 AM

New Site Garage
NEC Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
I went through all this with them a couple years ago with my Brutale 800, they had never tried their stand with the bike up to that point. I bought the B4 Brutale kit as that seemed right when I told them the size of the nut and bolt hole etc. The reducer ring that goes on the right hand side is ever so slightly too small, I tapped it on with a hammer just enough to be able to see where the edges of the nut touched, then using a small triangular needle file I filed it back so that it would fit over the nut.
Attachment 277458

If you want the wheel to be off the ground though you have two choices, wait until you have flat spotted the rear tyre enough for it to clear the ground or put something either side of your bike for the Abba stand to stand on to raise it up an inch, I used a couple paving slabs. The reason is the 3 cylinder MV's have a higher swing arm pivot point than B4's and pretty much every other bike too. I did explain all this to Abba when I found this out but they obviously didn't mention it to you?

Strange, I got my brutale after you ackers, when I phoned them up pointing out the very same problem they assured me no one else had an issue with it. I'll try it with the turismo before Wednesday to see if that's the same and if so I can see them up the NEC. Any good deals on offer on a 1jac this year?

Bruce
MY15
Edition1 Turismo
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Charley I'm going on Friday and apart of course going to see the new brutale this Bimota is what I'm really looking forward to seeing it looks stunning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode