Great ocean road rde - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
JSM

Exclamation Great ocean road rde

Well, didnt catch up with any one on the Wednsday although I am not surprised as the the weather was dodgy to say the least, departed at around 11am and only a few spots of rain to Melb, very lucky however the showers then started to follow and just managed to stay in front , The GOR was also "dry' just a few damp patches under the trees, the Super pros were terrific ran 34 rear and 32 up front very very good.
a couple of pics attached, plus made a few friends at Kennet River, the parrot and the ducks!!!!!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
nice birds! is that a wild parrot?

oh, nice bike too

time to invest in a better digital camera.

Thanks for posting!

O D O N A T A

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
JSM

O,
yes you are right i need a better camera !! (took these with the phone )
The birds just landed when I stopped and actually perched on my shoulder very tame, a lot of tourists stop at Kennet River although i probably saw only 2 cars from Lorne to Appollo Bay ! thats the best part about mid week rides!
The night shot is the Bluebird Cafe at Appollo Bay, best fish and chips in town !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
MV Cellist

sounds incredible, one day perhaps I can ride there, and eat there too!

O D O N A T A

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Smile

Considering you took the photos with your phone JSM they aren't too bad at all, thanks for posting

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 02:50 AM
MV Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Considering you took the photos with your phone JSM they aren't too bad at all, thanks for posting
that's for sure... just the close-up and night shots are a little coarse.

O D O N A T A

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:16 AM

Hi JSM, I left Melbourne at 9am, got as far as Torquay, saw the black ugliness in the sky that was coming from Apollo Bay way, turned back and went home when it started raining.

I can't believe that it wasn't pissing down in Apollo Bay!!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 AM

Wink

is that the Australian version of a pigeon in the foreground????
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Talking

Don't know about the pigeon, but the Parrot is a carbon copy of one we used to have called Clarence; the bugger wouldn't shut up, so I gave him to my Grandmother. They got on fine (my Gran and the Parrot that is) until he escaped and is presumably great grand-dad of the parrots that now fly wild around London.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
JSM

SR,
I was very lucky, had lunch on the Warn Ponds side at approx 1.30 and there were a few spits only, once I headed off that was ---it dry all the way so actually did not have any wet roads at all

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode