Japan - Fukushima - Bandai-san/Sendai - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
The Dude

Japan - Fukushima - Bandai-san/Sendai

Well, I'm not sure if I got all the names right, but we went up to Fukushima, which is about 300km north of Tokyo, in northern Honshu (island that has tokyo...main one)

Was an overnighter, camping/cabining. Stayed on a lake, which didn't allow motors, so was pretty cool.

The crappy thing is that this is obon, which is a week-long vacation for Japanese to go home. So it was JAMMED on the highway getting up there. Filtering through about 150km on and off of stopped traffic. Sometimes it would get up to 120kmh or so, but we still filtered through. bit dangerous, but your mind goes numb with filtering at some point. Some of it was stopped traffic as well. mental. I'll never travel this particular weekend again.

Anyway, I can't get my FJR started, so the only real machine left for some distance/overnight is the Brutale. Couldn't tent-it, so stayed in a cabin. no biggie, cabins are nice and you can rent a futon w/ blankets & sheets.

Here's some pics. I really loved it. Getting me back into touring....if only i can start the damn touring bike.

Ain't no touring bike, but it works for a weekend.

Here's the four of us gaijin out for a ride.

was somebody asking if there were actually good roads here? they are all over. It's awesome here....

There's the cabins. I got the one right in front, number 8. pretty basic, just a room with a shelf and a roof and a light. that's it.

After setting up camp, we headed out, main target was the Bandai Azuma Skyline. Which goes by the famous Bandai-san, which is a volcano which wrecked a lot back in 1888 according to the guidebook. I'm totally going back. We didn't walk around, but should have.

Here's some of the roads around there on the skyline.... there are big signs as you follow this one to the back saying not to stop, there is a massive stench of sulphur and signs warn you to not stop or you could get sick/ (die?).

up that way is not the volcano, but was covered in clouds. not really sure what it is.

not very clear, but not being able to see a famous waterfall and the ocean as well, allowed me to take this.

At the national park area, you can stop here.

From some site on the web (guess which one....), you can see what it is up there (which I didn't really know, and from this pic you can see why I want to go back). You can see the road and then where you can hike up.

Took this on the way back in Sendai.

that's about it.......

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 AM

Awsome experience. I'm very mvious. Nice pics too.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 AM

Really great pics, I bet you guys had a great time, just look at those roads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 AM

Wow looks like a good time! I dont blame you for wanting to go back, hell I want to go and see the thing.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 06:09 PM

New Site Garage
AHHH! you lucky bastard!! i miss my MV so much! i'm riding my dad's honda VTR around. boring. ugh. i wish i could bring my MV here for a month.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Spec
AHHH! you lucky bastard!! i miss my MV so much! i'm riding my dad's honda VTR around. boring. ugh. i wish i could bring my MV here for a month.

is yours just sitting there? lemme know if it starts when you get back. always curious about how long mine can go without running.....

next time, leave it with me and I'll take care if it while you are away. And take pics pretending that it is mine.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:19 PM

New Site Garage
yep, it's just sitting there. collecting dust. it makes me sad. i wish i could have brought it with me. lol. i disconnected the battery, so we'll see. lol. i'm crossing my fingers.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode