MV Agusta Forum banner

Great Year for MV in Italian Championship

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  nk140 
#1 ·
Apologies for not posting this sooner...

The final round of the highly competitive Italian supersport championship was held at Vallelunga in October, with two Mv riders in contention for the driver's title. Davide Stirpe (Extreme Racing Service MV) managed to take the victory in both races, edging past Ilario Dionisi (Ellan Vannin MV) to become 2017 supersport champion. With a total of 8 wins on 12 races, the F3 also took constructors. Without WSS handicapping, the F3 is an extremely competitive machine:grin2:

Classification of MV riders.
1. Stirpe 198 points
2. Dionisi 193
11. Roccoli 58 (half season)
13. Morciano 36
16. Ferroni 25
25. Samarini 11

Constructors
1. Mv Agusta 265 points
2. Yamaha 219
3. Kawasaki 190
4. Honda 121
5. Suzuki 22

See less See more
#4 ·
Exactly this: "Without WSS handicapping, the F3 is an extremely competitive machine"

If u design and build and motorcycle around electronic technology, and start disabling or altering these settings the bike will struggle.
Thats why Mv Agusta is so unreliable in World Supersport. Which annoys me since its obviously a great motorcycle.

#9 ·
Really? Why are people turning traction control off for track days? I have mine set for 3 based on recommendations on the forum. Don't want it off completely since I ride on the street. People also turn off ABS which I don't do. Just wondering. Maybe the F3 traction control for street use is different than the track ECU kit?

#12 ·
Loss of TC was critical for MV because it meant they had to figure how to generate mechanical traction from a bike layout which was not designed with this is mind, as the oppositions' were. In any case TC is only one of the issues.

The F3 has a modern racing engine, designed to rev hard and fast (for example it has a light crankshaft and flywheel), knowing that the all the finesses of sophisticated electronics would keep the power delivery manageable while preventing the engine from doing damage to itself...all this being even more critical on a three cyclinder which has to find the power to compete with higher reving four cylinders.

Bottom line is that a few years ago, Jules Cluzel on the F3 had numerous victories, lap and top speed records. Now with rules banning sophisticated electronics (which only MV had) the F3 is no longer a contender.

#14 ·
It was in the US...on BEIN SPORTS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.