MV Agusta Forum banner

My TV is going, goodbye

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  silentservice703 
#1 · (Edited)
I've enjoyed owning my TV, done 13,000 miles in 22 months, but have decided to change.
My nearest dealer is now 2.5 hours ride from home, and the next service is a big one including valve clearance checks, so usually they want a cold motor so probably need an overnight stay.
Tomorrow I trade it in for a KTM 1090 Adventure.
Thanks to all who have given me advice in the past, I wish you many miles of happy riding on your MV's.

#3 ·
Sorry to loose you Neville but understand the frustrations with the thinning out of the dealers. My take on that is I'll only have to do that for another 8 months and then it'll be DIY with maybe a rare visit for firmware updates. Wishful thinking maybe... Enjoy your KTM.

#4 ·
Thanks for your help with the 3M paint protection source. Mine is now going in on Monday for 3 days as they have to make up a new template for fairing etc..
1090 Adventure is a great bike . I have a 1290 Super Adventure S. The 1090 is more nimble.

#5 ·
I'm seriously considering changing my TVL for very similar reasons to yours. Problem is no bike I've tried so far comes close to the TV in terms of overall spec and performance. Another problem is the shockingly poor part exchange value offered as MV is seen as a risky brand right now.
May I ask how much KTM offered as part exchange for your TV? Enjoy your 1090.

#6 ·
May I ask how much KTM offered as part exchange for your TV?
£7,500. My bike was a 65 plate with several extras including the QD exhaust, in immaculate condition, 13,000 miles. I'd had the same quote from a Ducati dealer, and another KTM dealer said £7,000 but he'd prefer it if I tried selling privately. I took the trade in because looking at ads on ebay they were a few TV's up for sale, most with less than 5,000 miles on them, up at £7,800 to £8,500. The extras on mine would add something to the value, but I couldn't face the hassle of jokers offering £5,000 or asking if I would take some tatty old bike in px.

#8 · (Edited)
Sorry to see you go, but I understand. My boys and I have KTM's for dirt.
I agree with Chas about keeping the MV and the DYI service. I could never sell the bike for half of what I paid for it and I gave 17,000 dollars. I would rather hold on to it and get a second bike, If I had to.

I think the TVL is a classic bike and will still be a beauty twenty years from now. MV is not going anywhere, according to MV North America. Their service has to get better. It can't get worse, unless they close the factory doors.

#9 ·
Finally Part exchanged my TVL for a Yamaha tracer 900. When the dealer agreed to take on my MV with all the existing warranty issues, it was an offer I simply could not refuse! Very sorry to see her go but I simply could not continue waiting for the faults to be sorted. If only MV was a responsible customer centered company it would never have come to this. What a shame. Fabulous bike, pathetic company.

I have the TV Puig touring screen and a pair of motorcycle passion pannier bags (exact fit) for sale if anyone is interested. Ride safe.

#10 ·
And I remember MV saying that The Tracer customer was a different being!
The qustionable reliability and my nearest dealership being 2 hours away are reasons for not buying.
Also the used value makes me think I'd be better off with a used bike but that would be even riskier!
Now, where did I put that Tracer brochure.........
:grin2:

#12 ·
I have an FJ-09 (Tracer here in the States) Full TI exhaust, Tune, and everything else added to it.

Love the bike but HATE the seat. I am now on my 3rd seat and although this newest seat (Seat Concepts) is not a pain in the ass, the high ridges on the sides make it uncomfy after about an hour or so of riding.

#14 ·
I haven't. Looking at the Sargent it appears to have the same profile as the SC, was debating on going with a Corbin but at this point will most likely sell her or trade her in for a Brutale.

Although I do keep my eyes out for a good deal on a Corbin.

#15 ·
Given the choice between Corbin and Sargent, I'd go Sargent every time. Comparatively, the Corbin was heavy and not very technically "pretty"...it was built like a tank.

My Sargent is a work of art.

Reactions: gotfolk
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.