• 1 Post By racer66
  • 5 Post By nigelrb
  • 1 Post By MV Arthur
  • 1 Post By jdgun
  • 1 Post By Maximum Velocity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

F4 1078 312RR Monoposto

Extremely well watched over and maintained specimen. Not many of these were imported into the US. Title is clean, clear, and in my name. Carbon side panels are not factory. The originals are included. Star wheels are from the previous generation F4. The original wheels are not included. Original front fender and seat/pad cover are included. Comes with both keys, manual, toolkit and a few other items. I have too many F4's and just picked up another 312RR project. $8800 with option to purchase silver tipped RG3 slip on.
Attached Images

italia, GDS968, Thekid1974 and 1 others like this.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S

Last edited by MV Arthur; 12-15-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 01:26 AM
Established Member

Looks good Art, I've a pair of suitable wheels for this if someone want them. Posted from the UK or I could bring to LA in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
MV Arthur likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 04:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
One has to appreciate an enthusiast with 'too many' F4s.

Kudos to you!! (GLWS)

2007 MV F4 1000R
2001 CBR9290RR Erion Racing Edition; 2003 CBR954RR; 2018 CBR1000RR SP2; 2020 CBR1000RR-R SP on order;
2002 VTR1000 SP-2; 2018 Honda C125 Super Cub
1985 VF1000R ('F' series); 1985 NS400R ('F' series);
2020 Triumph Daytona Moto 2 Limited Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 04:00 PM

If only you were looking for another project ...lol I would have gladly made a trade plus cash with my rr312 (same color scheme) if enjoyed working on her but was not intended to be a project when purchased several months ago. Unfortunately there were several items that I failed to notice and the previous owner failed to mention or attempted to gloss over as if they were normal. So between the side stand breaking two days after purchasing, which thank goodness I was right beside the bike when it did and was able to catch the bike ( not saving too much of the potential damage since my knee broke the side fairing and my arm caught the mirror)and then in to the new clutch with basket being replaced twice due to wrong tooth count On original causing all starter gear teeth to be stripped off the gear on the basket and then the slave issues ( replaced slave and chain cover) and alternator And battery issues ( wiring and replaced battery) and oil leaks that have been fixed and new one popping up now along with what looks like a water pump gasket leaking, I’ve just gotten very little ride time. This is the exact beauty that I had dreamed about fir a number of years and always considered my all time favorite motorcycle ever. In truth the few times that I have been able to enjoy this beast, it has been all I hoped for and more, and yet as amazing as this bike is and as sad as I would be to see it go I’m to the point of either selling whole or parting out. However, in a perfect world a partial trade towards the exact same bike of my dreams, albeit a much better version and in what looks to be pristine condition would have been spectacular lol.

Yours is an amazing example.
Best of luck on the sell

Steve
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precipice View Post
If only you were looking for another project ...lol I would have gladly made a trade plus cash with my rr312 (same color scheme) if enjoyed working on her but was not intended to be a project when purchased several months ago. Unfortunately there were several items that I failed to notice and the previous owner failed to mention or attempted to gloss over as if they were normal. So between the side stand breaking two days after purchasing, which thank goodness I was right beside the bike when it did and was able to catch the bike ( not saving too much of the potential damage since my knee broke the side fairing and my arm caught the mirror)and then in to the new clutch with basket being replaced twice due to wrong tooth count On original causing all starter gear teeth to be stripped off the gear on the basket and then the slave issues ( replaced slave and chain cover) and alternator And battery issues ( wiring and replaced battery) and oil leaks that have been fixed and new one popping up now along with what looks like a water pump gasket leaking, Iíve just gotten very little ride time. This is the exact beauty that I had dreamed about fir a number of years and always considered my all time favorite motorcycle ever. In truth the few times that I have been able to enjoy this beast, it has been all I hoped for and more, and yet as amazing as this bike is and as sad as I would be to see it go Iím to the point of either selling whole or parting out. However, in a perfect world a partial trade towards the exact same bike of my dreams, albeit a much better version and in what looks to be pristine condition would have been spectacular lol.

Yours is an amazing example.
Best of luck on the sell

Steve

Wow, that is very unusual for that many things to be wrong. These are very reliable bikes so either it was mistreated or you got the one lemon to come out of the factory. Hang in there and don't hesitate to ask questions. There are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 10:43 PM

Wow, that is very unusual for that many things to be wrong. These are very reliable bikes so either it was mistreated or you got the one lemon to come out of the factory. Hang in there and don't hesitate to ask questions. There are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and I agree with there being great people with a ton of knowledge on here I have had the privilege of speaking with a few and have gotten the opportunity to meet some of the most genuine guys of any forum or shop out there through here. I’m very grateful. But after some time of repair following repair I have this bad taste in my mouth for this specific bike. Not the brand or this model in anyway. I agree also that I feel it was rode hard and not maintained in the correct fashion as it should be under hard riding conditions. Honestly I don’t think it was maintained the way any bike should be. I ha e a feeling that the previous owner started to experience issues and patched it up as best he could and pawned it off on me. I was only too grateful to assist him too lol. that said. I appreciate your comments. Now I’m going to stop rambling about something that isn’t important on this post. What’s important is there is an amazing RR 312 for sale at a phenomenal price. I think maybe I should consider buying it ( if it is still available and if details can be worked through.) and just hang on to the other one and bring it back to the glory it once had over some time. It’s a good thought and a great opportunity.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Wow, I'm sorry this happened. Every single F4 I've owned has been problem free.The MV community is small and to hear something like this is uncommon. Everything is fixable, and the F4 is relatively easy to work on. Start a new thread and I'm confident assistance will swiftly ensue. I'll do my best to participate.

A deposit was left so it's pretty much a done deal but if anything goes wrong I'll reach out to you.
nigelrb likes this.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 12:20 PM

Great looking machine, would love to add this to the stable... but trying to stick with just 2 bikes for right now. GLWS, maybe if you have it a few months down the road i might be willing to bend at the knee and buy it.
MV Arthur likes this.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2011 Triumph 675R
The Following User Says Thank You to jdgun For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 PM

New Site Garage
2?? No no... In fact it was Arthur who convinced me to buy my 5th
jdgun likes this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode