F4 Tamburini # 269 for sale - MVAgusta.net
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

F4 Tamburini # 269 for sale

Hello,

I am helping a friend sell a few of his bikes and one of them is the #269 F4 Tamburini. You can see a lot more pictures at genauautowerks.com

My friend purchased this bike in the big auction in 2013 that sold all of Gary Kohs 71 MV Agusta bike collection. The bike has never been titled here in the states and only has 147 kms on the ODO. This bike has been kept showroom perfect and my friend starts it up every month and moves the bike but as it's not titled, it has seen very little street action.

On the web link above, you will see plenty of pics as well as a riding video we shot when we took the pictures. The bike is absolutely ready to ride. My friend is getting a bit older now and can't ride his bikes as easily as he used to.

We are taking offers on the bike now and might post it on Bring A Trailer later if we do not sell it before hand. But if anyone is interested, please email me, ingo @ genauautowerks.com or call my mobile (415) 730-5352. The bike is in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks!

Ingo
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 10:57 PM

Scha-wing!!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 02:37 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

This is NOT eBay, put a price on it......
The Section Rules are at the top of the page
fasduc, esq'z me, nigelrb and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 07:01 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Too bad it is missing all the pertinent extras and the certificate of authenticity.... The certificate may not be a big deal, but the exhaust, cover, grip covers, etc that it came with are.
fasduc and Paul.K like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 09:34 AM

I don't mean to offend but... I just don't understand why people by stuff like this and DON'T ride them, yes i understand some buy as an investment but its a crying shame that they are never used for their intended purpose!!! 147km FFS!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS968 View Post
I don't mean to offend but... I just don't understand why people by stuff like this and DON'T ride them, . . .
Not even necessarily as an investment. It's pride of ownership, and for some it might be solely 'bragging rights'.

For a serious collector, it might be akin to buying a Monet or Renoir and stashing it in a temperature-controlled vault; or a connoisseur of fine wine or Scotch whisky who will not open his $10,000 plus bottle. The there are others down the scale: collectors of Barbie Dolls never opened or played with and first edition stamps never posted.

The joy and pride of ownership of any motorcycle can be just as rewarding (or more) to some people. We all share this common love. For those who choose to keep these bikes in such pristine condition, we owe gratitude because future generations will also be able to share that joy, rather than simply saying 'I wish' over a website or magazine article.

This is just my opinion because the 'not riding the bike' topic is close to my heart.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Not even necessarily as an investment. It's pride of ownership, and for some it might be solely 'bragging rights'.

For a serious collector, it might be akin to buying a Monet or Renoir and stashing it in a temperature-controlled vault; or a connoisseur of fine wine or Scotch whisky who will not open his $10,000 plus bottle. The there are others down the scale: collectors of Barbie Dolls never opened or played with and first edition stamps never posted.

The joy and pride of ownership of any motorcycle can be just as rewarding (or more) to some people. We all share this common love. For those who choose to keep these bikes in such pristine condition, we owe gratitude because future generations will also be able to share that joy, rather than simply saying 'I wish' over a website or magazine article.

This is just my opinion because the 'not riding the bike' topic is close to my heart.

Yep I get all that and understand it...I just personally think its a crying shame its not used for its intended purpose, but each to their own 👍
jdgun, nigelrb and vtomi48 like this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to offend but... I just don't understand why people by stuff like this and DON'T ride them, yes i understand some buy as an investment but its a crying shame that they are never used for their intended purpose!!! 147km FFS!!
I feel the same way, however to Nigerl’s point, someone somewhere needs to do something like this to document history. The ONLY way I’d consider doing something like this is if 1.) I had tons of expendable income, and 2.) I had a “rider” to go along with the non-rider. Lord knows my living room could use some “motorcycle art” 😉.
ingoschmoldt likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yep I get all that and understand it...I just personally think its a crying shame its not used for its intended purpose, but each to their own 👍
That can all change with a simple transaction!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingoschmoldt View Post
That can all change with a simple transaction!

Ha ha great response...if only i had the readies ..good luck with the sale, am sure it will go quickly, awesome bike.
ingoschmoldt likes this.

Tags
f4 tamburini, for sale, mv agusta for sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode