MV Agusta Forum banner

Wanted, fuel level sensor B4 750 Brutale

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  MVF4S750 
#1 ·
My low fuel light doesn't work and I've traced the problem to the fuel level sensor, probe, thermistor, whatever it's called, thats mounted on the pump, filter assembly in the bottom of the fuel tank. Problem is, that part is no longer available from the factory. So, if anyone has one, or knows of a dealer etc that has a NOS one etc, I would be grateful to know of that.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Do you have the part number?

#5 · (Edited)
Check later models for the same part with a new number and still available. MV doesn't do a good job of updating parts lists when they supersede the part number.

I discovered this when helping a friend source a coolant tank neck for an older F4.... It's still available, but you have to go to a later year model for the new number (same part).

#7 ·
Brutant:
Google it, they're ~$3-$10......
You'll have to solder it in:wink2:
Noel, do you happen to have the thermistor part number and source that you found?

I have a NOS fuel sensor here that cost me around $180 and that was at a discount before the Moto Forza Fire.

#13 ·
The later model fuel pumps look like they would just pop right in. The older ones may require minor modification to run the wires correctly.

You may want to check out this post on the Ducati.ms forums. They use a similar set up for the fuel light and I have used this information successfully to fix one (on a Ducati).

You would have to check the resistances required to trip the light on the MV to ensure the right thermistor is chosen, but it would <$2 fix at that point.

#16 · (Edited)
@brutant Here are a couple videos I found that helped me understand and get a visual on how (1K) NTC thermistors work with fuel...

The first short vid shows a new thermistor being soldered into a generic sensor that had been taken apart. Then shown 'bench' tested:

The second longer video has good explanation and demonstration:

Also copied failure mechanisms to help diagnose (I think my own fuel light falls in the second category):

"Identifying and replacing broken thermistors will help to prevent secondary damage to other systems.

1. The most common failure is an open circuit. These failures can arise because of mechanical separation between lead materials and resistor elements. Separation occurs because of handling damage, high/excessive heat, and thermal mismatching.

2. The second most commonly experienced issue with thermistors is drifting in the resistance value. This problem begins to occur as the thermistor ages, as well as when parameters change. This problem will cause inaccurate measurements, which in turn will prevent the thermistor from providing correct thermal compensation.

3. The least common failure mode is a short circuit."

I hope this information is accurate and helpful...those with greater knowledge, let me know and I will edit or remove content if needed.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.