emission sticker - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

emission sticker

Does anyone know where I can get an emissions sticker for a 2002 F4? Is there someone that can replicate one for me? I need to get the bike registered in California. Do I even need one? Not sure what DMV will require for the bike to be registered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

I don't think you'll need one, I've never been asked to see one
That said somebody needed one and got one
Use "Advanced Search"
Join AAA and do your registration there.....get the towing package too

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 06-14-2019 at 10:48 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
. . . That said somebody needed one and got one . . .
Yep. See post #nine:

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/12-f4...s-sticker.html

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyleesurf View Post
I need to get the bike registered in California. Do I even need one? Not sure what DMV will require for the bike to be registered.
First question is how many miles are on the bike; second question is does it have a title from another state?

If the bike has >7500 miles and title from another state in the union then you can register it without a California emissions sticker PROVIDED it has a federal emissions sticker (which all bikes originally sold in US must have). You will need to verify the VIN as part of registration process. VIN can be verified 3 ways:
- at the DMV - free but big hassle with appointments and you can get a real a-hole inspector that can make experience a total nightmare. (Of course, the best time to do paperwork at DMV is right before closing. The employees all want to go home and tend to “express” handle the process to leave on time. I heard of this from several people, maybe worth a shot).
- at AAA - free and very pleasant experience. unfortunately not all the DMV clerks at AAA are good at filling out paperwork correctly. I have positive experience with AAA except for two occasions: when they misread the engine number on a Moto Morini and second time when I had to visit CHP inspection because AAA clerk improperly filled out inspection form on a Brutale.
- professional VIN verification service - not free but not crazy expensive. Will verify the VIN in comfort of your garage or wherever you agree to meet. Most of these services will also take care of the complete registration process, again for an additional fee. Works great if your day is busy. PM means I can give you a reference.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Established Member

As per today, Proitalia will not sell these stickers due to possible 'abuse'. Dont shoot the messenger. Wich is silly because according to another dealer all MV's are 50 state compliant with emission equip.

Ordered a set from Star-Twin via their online shopping. Will advise if they ship. FYI if you are having trouble finding them in an online parts catalog, its one of the last diagrams marked country specific something.

Last edited by lear60man; 06-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode