Gone but not forgotten...
F3 Serie Oro
F3 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post
Thanks for all of the kind words and interest. The bike is ONLY listed for sale here, as it isnít bike buying season for most...But for the enthusiast, passion knows no season, right? If nobody here is interested, and I actually decide to sell it, it will be in the spring of 2019, and it will be marketed across the known channels, maybe even the fleaBay. I am fortunate to be in a place where I do not need to sell it, but I really donít ride it much anymore, most of my free time is now spent flying airplanes.

Additional info: I failed to mention that the bike has also been protected by a clear shield, non-adhesive 3M film on most of the forward facing bits...Invisiguard, invisishield, some sort of invisisomething I canít remember. The film is still in excellent condition, clear as the day it was applied, covers headlight, front fairing, fronts of mirrors, nose of front fender, tops of fork tubes, kick-stand well, lip under the bottom fairing, etc. I mention this as I feel confident the film has definitely worked to avoid paint chips.

Tell a friend! Preferably one with stacks of cash and a penchant for hand-built Italian works of art.

Thanks for looking,

Larry.

Larry

How much was the clear bra? I am thinking about doing it on my SPR. Good luck with your sale... shes a beauty!
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfob View Post
Larry

How much was the clear bra? I am thinking about doing it on my SPR. Good luck with your sale... shes a beauty!
THANK YOU!!! I paid less than $200.00 USD for the kit, I recommend not going cheap on this as the quality and thickness of the film will determine your results over time, avoid anything with adhesive. I installed the kit myself, with the help of one other person, but it wasn't the first one I had done. It isn't hard if you follow the directions exactly, a second set of hands is helpful, start with the smallest pieces on the flattest parts, saving the tank and front fairing for the end, once the technique is familiar.

Here is a VERY similar kit, also 3M non-adhesive, but it is being sold by a different company, this is an example only NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, there are many out there and I did mine YEARS ago!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-MV-Agu...kZZ1:rk:1:pf:0

It's tough to see from even three feet back, I've attached a pic of the nose, you can just barely see it on either side of the headlight, and both the upper and lower portion of the headlight lens are also covered, but it is practically undetectable. I definitely suggest SOMETHING, I put the same on the 1098R and the RC-51...I guess I'm sold on it!

Larry.
Attached Images

anothermvfanatic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Established Member

Damn, that's £20k in sterling! I have a Cousin in Cali

So, importing from US? Shipping, duty and dreaded VAT would make it about 29k?! If I was Stateside I would have bought that. Good luck with the sale, she's a beauty.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:29 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Beautiful bike.If only I lived in the USA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:30 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Beautiful bike.If only I lived in the USA.
If only I had money!!
mitchy likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 07:18 AM
If only I lived in the USA, had more money and didn't have arthritis.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
If only I lived in the USA . . .
Go on John, you know you want to: https://www.usa.gov/passport

I'll see you over there after I've finished making a move on one of those Kardashian gals. Doesn't matter which one because I'll share my Botox with anyone!!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
l'll see you over there after I've finished making a move on one of those Kardashian gals. Doesn't matter which one because I'll share my Botox with anyone!!
You can tell I keep up to date with the social scene. I thought the Kardashians were one of the alien races on Star Trek
NotThatFast likes this.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 03:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
. . . I thought the Kardashians were one of the alien races on Star Trek
The word 'alien' is common to both!

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)

Tags
f4 1000, for sale, mv agusta, tambo, tamburini, twoeleven

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode