MV AGUSTA F4 Carbon Airtubes - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

MV AGUSTA F4 Carbon Airtubes

Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am interested in a pair of recessed Carbon Fibre Airtubes for my F4 750(2000)
I currently have just recessed covers in CF, but they do not fit the body work perfectly. Recessed covers give your hands more room when turning the bars, and I am fairly sure I have bar raises fitted(they say ferraci(spelling?) on them, but the recessed covers I have now allow me even more room.

I can only find this company that make them recessed: MV Agusta - MV Agusta F4 Carbon Fibre Air Tubes - Pair - Larger and free flowing - World of QB Carbon - Carbon Fibre for Motorcycles
I have not talked to them yet, they state they are larger and more free flowing, I don't know how that effects fit and whether that means my Sil moto pipes and power commander III would need setting up again, as Chris at Xbikes has already done this and I think this would stop me bothering if it would need doing again.

They work out at around £700, which is a lot. Does anyone know these items or this company, or anyone else with a good product who makes them recessed.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by MVBERT; 08-14-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 07:56 PM

My experience with aftermarket carbon has been a crap shoot. No matter who makes it they cannot seem to get the fitment right. My suggestion would be to keep an eye out for a set of factory parts
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Yep I know what you mean with the crap shoot. Did the factory ever do recessed tops for the air tubes on the F4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:02 PM

I dont think so
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 03:33 AM
Established Member

Hello! I would not do business with World of Carbon!!! I'm dealing with the company now. The communication is horrible with a product I bought from them which was sent wrong. This was in June!!! I still haven't heard from them. So I may be screwed out of $300
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRadicalF4 View Post
Hello! I would not do business with World of Carbon!!! I'm dealing with the company now. The communication is horrible with a product I bought from them which was sent wrong. This was in June!!! I still haven't heard from them. So I may be screwed out of $300
Thanks for the heads up, If you wish as I live in the UK I could phone them up for you, PM the details to me and I will try and act on your behalf, I can also state if you wish that the problem is on a Biking forum, and maybe that will jolt them into activity.

I presume you want to send back the incorrect item and receive the ordered item?

Some times we only find out how good a company is when things go tits up.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:26 PM

IIRC, the recessed carbon covers require you to cut the existing tubes to make room for the depression. There was only one company that made them I think. All of the others are standard stick on covers. In all these years, I may have trapped my thumb once. I guess I'm just always aware of the clearance issue and move my hand when i need to.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one View Post
IIRC, the recessed carbon covers require you to cut the existing tubes to make room for the depression. There was only one company that made them I think. All of the others are standard stick on covers. In all these years, I may have trapped my thumb once. I guess I'm just always aware of the clearance issue and move my hand when i need to.
Been a small man with a slight frame I like everything in my favour when pushing/manoeuvring a heavy bike about.
I admit that after reading about the thumb issue I immediately upon receiving my MV got my mech to cut off the standard plastic tops to my air tubes and using black silicon glue, fix on recessed CF tops.
At the time I did not spot that my bike seems to have Ferraci bar raisers? I have noticed that on full lock there still isn't much room, it looks very snug to me.

That was 8 yrs ago, whilst the shape of the recessed tops and the CF look much better than plastic stock, I have never been quite happy with the fit against the fairing on the right side.
If I could figure it out, I need just one of my fairing bolts to push in further to close the small gap. I may try and use the head of an aluminium fairing screw and insert a conventional threaded bolt into it, if that is, I can mount a conventional nut on the other side of the fairing mount bracket attached to the frame to receive my modded fairing bolt. Or move the fairing mount bracket back which looks like harder work and is more permanent which isn't ideal because it is messing around to much.

Or I could just live with something that isn't quite right, but has been bugging me for yrs.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
Or I could just live with something that isn't quite right, but has been bugging me for yrs.
That's what marriage is all about!
MVBERT likes this.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Haha, and I'm in 27 of them there marriage yrs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode