MV Agusta Forum banner

WTB 2010 - 2012 front star wheel

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  MV Arthur 
#1 ·
Any color, scratches ok. F4 or Brutale, doesn't matter. Lemme know what ya got. Thanks, Art

#2 ·
Art, If you are looking to use that on your RR project, I have some o f the original ORO Gold paint.

Otherwise, there was a thread by a guy who made an adapted front axel spacer that will work to mount a pre '10 wheel into a post '10 front.....

I'll see if I can find it.

#3 ·
Yes, I'd appreciate the info on the spacer Chuck, thanks. There are 2 fronts in Italy but I'd rather get one here. I commute all year round with my F4 and the mags were on during the spring, summer, and fall. When cold weather rolls around, I put the aluminum wheels on. It's really the front mag wheel that is susceptible to the potholes caused by the salt and ice so if it's not possible to use the mag front on my f4rr, I'll just have to settle with a painted aluminum front and a rear mag. And just keep em on all year round. Not a huge deal.

I have some Oro paint left over from last year. Should still be good, but I'll shout if it's not enough.

#4 ·
Reactions: MV Arthur
#5 ·
That's what I imagined would work, or simply a 55mm cup reducer that cradles the smaller 47mm bearing. It would maintain the same overall width of the wheel and all points of contact for axle, fork, and bearing also are unchanged.

#6 ·
?

The problem is the '10+ left fork legs are different......
Machine them to be the same as pre '10 and all wheels will interchange

At most you'll need RAC 50 type spacers

All small axle MVs pull the axle to the right

I can fix it, I just need accurate measurements

:grin2:

#7 ·
Fuck machining and spacers. I’ll get you measurements when I get the wheel off again and a battery for my gauge but all we need is a 55mm tall bearing with a 25MM hole. Someone’s gotta make one.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.