2010 F4 Dyno Results w/ Microtec - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cleophus james's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 475
2010 F4 Dyno Results w/ Microtec

50 degrees F.
200 ft. Elevation
Dynojet dyno


Bike
2010 F4
M227 ECU
MWR filter
Arrow RG4 headers
Zard Penta twin tip exhaust
Pirelli SC2 200 race slick

Fuel
92 Octane pump


The base map from Chris at xbikes was pretty good and was making about 167 on the dyno. After mapping it for our pump fuel the bike made a nice 175 HP and 80 ft./lbs. and was pulling all the way to redline. We might add another 750-1000 RPM to the limiter to give it some room to run if I'm always greasing the limiter.

Great ECU, great service and base map from xbikes, great motor from MV.

FYI, base on that bike with the RG4 ECU was 170.

__________
Zac Smith
WMRRA #58
cleophus james is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 01:40 PM
X81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wisbech, cambs/norfolk, UK
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus james View Post
50 degrees F.
200 ft. Elevation
Dynojet dyno


Bike
2010 F4
M227 ECU
MWR filter
Arrow RG4 headers
Zard Penta twin tip exhaust
Pirelli SC2 200 race slick

Fuel
92 Octane pump


The base map from Chris at xbikes was pretty good and was making about 167 on the dyno. After mapping it for our pump fuel the bike made a nice 175 HP and 80 ft./lbs. and was pulling all the way to redline. We might add another 750-1000 RPM to the limiter to give it some room to run if I'm always greasing the limiter.

Great ECU, great service and base map from xbikes, great motor from MV.

FYI, base on that bike with the RG4 ECU was 170.

Thanks great to hear. Maybe stretch the rev limit 500rpm, i think 1,000 might be a bit too far although i'm open to be shown otherwise. Although saying that for racing you might be able to push the limiter in a particular gear if you need it rather than alter gearing.

Good result though and about par for what i've seen here.

X81 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
Thanks great to hear. Maybe stretch the rev limit 500rpm, i think 1,000 might be a bit too far although i'm open to be shown otherwise. Although saying that for racing you might be able to push the limiter in a particular gear if you need it rather than alter gearing.

Good result though and about par for what i've seen here.

Great to see you back online.

These numbers seem a bit weaker than comparable Gen1 1078RR numbers with your tuned Microtec. How do the old RR and the newest RR compare, mod for mod and tune for tune?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 04-23-2014 at 11:59 PM.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cleophus james's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by VELTRO 1 View Post
Great to see you back online.

These numbers seem a bit weaker than comparable Gen1 1078RR numbers with your tuned Microtek. How do the two compare, tune for tune?
Are you comparing a race slick to a road tire?

__________
Zac Smith
WMRRA #58
cleophus james is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus james View Post
Are you comparing a race slick to a road tire?
No. I'm asking Chris how the newest RR Corsacorta compares with the Gen1 1078RR on a mod-for-mod, tune-for-tune basis (though yours is a non-RR '10 model).

I should have been more clear.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
cleophus james's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 475
Ah, yeah the 10 isn't going to put up the numbers that an RR does, but I'd be really interested to see the torque curve compared between the long stroke and short stroke motors. My point about the tires is that a slick will pull a few hp off the top end.

I have a hunch that the long stroke motor makes a better race engine.

__________
Zac Smith
WMRRA #58
cleophus james is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus james View Post
Ah, yeah the 10 isn't going to put up the numbers that an RR does, but I'd be really interested to see the torque curve compared between the long stroke and short stroke motors. My point about the tires is that a slick will pull a few hp off the top end.

I have a hunch that the long stroke motor makes a better race engine.
That's the direction I was headed for such general comparative information. I'd wager nobody else has done near the work with both Gen1s and Gen2s to provide such comparative numbers.

Chris is the guru, as far as I'm concerned.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM
X81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wisbech, cambs/norfolk, UK
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by VELTRO 1 View Post
No. I'm asking Chris how the newest RR Corsacorta compares with the Gen1 1078RR on a mod-for-mod, tune-for-tune basis (though yours is a non-RR '10 model).

I should have been more clear.
Leave it with me and i'll dig dyno stuff out. They're not as far apart as you'd think.

Currently writing fly by wire maps for Ducati's and my brain is about to go nuclear at the complexity of the options and decisions in front of me.
X81 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
Leave it with me and i'll dig dyno stuff out. They're not as far apart as you'd think.

Currently writing fly by wire maps for Ducati's and my brain is about to go nuclear at the complexity of the options and decisions in front of me.
No hurries, no worries. Thanks.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Formerly - dagmvagusta
 
Blackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 423
Hp numbers is all relative. No one dyno is the same and there is so much manipulation that a tuner can make to gain or lose numbers it can give you a headache. I learned along time ago stop chasing the number but learn how to truly read the map, the fueling tables and power curve in relation to torque, air and fuel. A good tuner will make sure that line is straight and smooth with forward progression upwards with at best all dips removed from the power band. And James is right different tires will affect numbers to especially a slick tire (hence don't chase that number but use more as a reference point).

My bike:

2012 F4 1000r

Bazzaz fuel management with quick shifter

Race Ecu

MWR filter

MV Corse headers

Bodis titanium slip on with ti mid pipe.

Michelin Power one 2ct compound

Fuel

93 Octane pump

HP: 182 rw. 85lbs of torque with a straight line up and no dips.





Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
Blackout is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome