Fuel Injector Connectors? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Injector Connectors?

I have a 2013 F4 and NOBODY has a fueling module for it. I've contacted PC-V and Bazzaz and Chris from X-Bikes, they're all talking about a long wait.
I had an Idea: What if all the connectors are the same?
Even if the electronics package and ECU are a different brand perhaps the connectors are compatible with the fueling modules for the older models.
As long as it hooks up, it's just a matter of mapping.

I will ask the Mechanics at the shop, next time I'm down there, but does anybody know the answer to my question?

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 01:43 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
I have a 2013 F4 and NOBODY has a fueling module for it. I've contacted PC-V and Bazzaz and Chris from X-Bikes, they're all talking about a long wait.
I had an Idea: What if all the connectors are the same?
Even if the electronics package and ECU are a different brand perhaps the connectors are compatible with the fueling modules for the older models.
As long as it hooks up, it's just a matter of mapping.

I will ask the Mechanics at the shop, next time I'm down there, but does anybody know the answer to my question?
I wish you the best of luck but your looking at matching every input, gnd point, signal wire and outputs, pwm controllers for TSS, drive by wire controllers and PiD config tables As well as the loom being correct.

Or did you mean something like a universal kind of PCIII? In theory yeah you could do something like this but you'd need a unit that had the same rev limit otherwise you'll not get the mapping space.

I'm waiting for updates from Microtec mate. It looks like the F3 won't be too much longer and in theory the F4 should just be an evolution of the same ECU so I'm hoping won't be too far behind. The F3 really is the base model from which we can build every other fitting.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
I wish you the best of luck but your looking at matching every input, gnd point, signal wire and outputs, pwm controllers for TSS, drive by wire controllers and PiD config tables As well as the loom being correct.

Or did you mean something like a universal kind of PCIII? In theory yeah you could do something like this but you'd need a unit that had the same rev limit otherwise you'll not get the mapping space.

I'm waiting for updates from Microtec mate. It looks like the F3 won't be too much longer and in theory the F4 should just be an evolution of the same ECU so I'm hoping won't be too far behind. The F3 really is the base model from which we can build every other fitting.

I was just wondering if the FI connections are the same as a 2012. If that were the case I'd only need a ground and a TPS wire......I think.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 05:07 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
I was just wondering if the FI connections are the same as a 2012. If that were the case I'd only need a ground and a TPS wire......I think.

For what? a complete ECU swap or somethign like a PCV fitting?

Don't forget the 2013 is fly by wire so the TPS reading you need to be monitoring if doing something like a PCV is the TPS on the butterflies and not the one on the twist grip.

Also on the injectors you'll only be able to access 4 of the 8 fitted so may need to decide which ones to intercept and then after all that you might need to reverse all the plugs on the injectors for the input and gnd pins although i would guess that should almost be a universal arrrangement but i've never checked so am guessing.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
For what? a complete ECU swap or somethign like a PCV fitting?

Don't forget the 2013 is fly by wire so the TPS reading you need to be monitoring if doing something like a PCV is the TPS on the butterflies and not the one on the twist grip.

Also on the injectors you'll only be able to access 4 of the 8 fitted so may need to decide which ones to intercept and then after all that you might need to reverse all the plugs on the injectors for the input and gnd pins although i would guess that should almost be a universal arrrangement but i've never checked so am guessing.

Just to fit a fueling module (PC-V or Bazzaz). I'm sure it's harder than I think, I just hate waiting. It's been almost a year already.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
In construction we'd say, "if it was easy we'd have our wives do it".

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode