Rear tyres - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Post Rear tyres

Back on the old tyres theme again. The 750 F4 has the option of having a 180 or 190 rear hoop. As far as I know, the 1000 has just the 190 section rear. Anyone tried a 180 on the thou?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
well, not to confuse the issue too much
the stock tires for the 1000 is a 190/50
while the 750 got a 180/55

how about a 190/55? several tire manufacturers offer it. best of both worlds? one issue with the 190/55 is that it is VERY tall. so you may need to make some geometry adjustments if you want the bike to feel the same.

i'm really thinking of using a bridgestone bt-002r (medium) in a 190/55 for a track day...

alex
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 11:57 AM

Only the SPR and Senna got a 180 that I know of. All normal 750's were also delivered with 190's. Just an FYI aside.

Given my exposure to riding a Tamburini and a normal 1000 several times I'd say it could benefit from a 180 to match my particular style and preference. Very stable but I prefer reaching where I want to be on the tire sooner.

JamesC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC
Only the SPR and Senna got a 180 that I know of. All normal 750's were also delivered with 190's. Just an FYI aside.

Given my exposure to riding a Tamburini and a normal 1000 several times I'd say it could benefit from a 180 to match my particular style and preference. Very stable but I prefer reaching where I want to be on the tire sooner.

Don't know whether it's a UK only thing James, but my Evo III definitely had a 180 rear, not a 190. Can't remember what the aspect ratio was, 55 I think. Can any of the other UK members with a 750 F4 help? I'll ask Sandy if he doesn't see this first. Update; yes it was definitely 180/55

Keep one wheel down!

post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 06:21 PM
JSM

Gents,
I have fitted the following to my 1000: Front Supercorsa SC1 (soft) standard size; rear Supercorsa 190/55 SC2 (med) and yes, it does raise the rear slightly but not an issue for me as love the extra weight over the front, the result, (track) absolutely awesome!! The rear was developed for World super stock, the extra contact patch does make a difference particulary with drive / grip off the turns highly recommend !!
cheers

post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Question

Sounds good JSM, I'm a fan of the Michelin Pilot Powers myself. Does the 55 ratio rear really make that much difference compared to a 50?

Keep one wheel down!

post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Sounds good JSM, I'm a fan of the Michelin Pilot Powers myself. Does the 55 ratio rear really make that much difference compared to a 50?
Yes the 190 / 55 profile does make a huge difference as you can lean it over much further. You can only buy the 190 / 55 in track tyres such as supecorsa etc. Road tyres are 190 / 50. The supercorsas are awesome on the track and warm sticky southern french roads though I wouldn't want to push them on British roads except maybe on the very hottest summer days

On my 03 R1 I ran supercorsa sc2 front and rear with a 190 / 55 rear in the summer and a 180 / 55 pilot power in the winter.
Once I get my F41000 in a month or so I'll stick on the same supercorsa's again for the summer
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:38 PM

you can buy the michelin powers in 190/55.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 04:45 PM

New Site Garage
I understand that in the dutch superbikes MV is using 190/55 tyres.
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 06:45 PM
JSM

John,
yes I do believe there is a difference ( had a 50 on previously) R, do not know what you mean re British roads? I have used the set up on the road (cold weather) and its awesome or are you referring to wet roads?????
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode