Carbon Fiber - Emoto vs MV Agusta - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Carbon Fiber - Emoto vs MV Agusta

how would you compare the two look/quality wise? as far as price MV is at least twice as expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Established Member

Excellent question. I've got some MVSP stuff and I would like to buy a bunch of the Emoto stuff. Anybody have both?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 01:33 PM

I can let you guys know when I get home from work tonight. I ordered the tail section and the instrument cluster back from eMoto. Should be there tonight. As far as what I've heard......eMoto has great quality stuff. Is it the quality of the Corse stuff, can't answer that because I don't own any of that. A little pricey for my pockets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 01:44 PM

The MV SP carbon is really really good. Better than any other carbon I have ever seen.

One of the reasons is becuase MV SP uses full sheets of carbon for their pieces so there are no seams anywhere. Hence, this costs more money for them.

They also lay the sheets of carbon up real straight and not off center like some others.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awiner
The MV SP carbon is really really good. Better than any other carbon I have ever seen.

One of the reasons is becuase MV SP uses full sheets of carbon for their pieces so there are no seams anywhere. Hence, this costs more money for them.

They also lay the sheets of carbon up real straight and not off center like some others.
I have emoto keyguard and front guard...and have seen a lot of MVSP carbon.
The MV stuff maybe twice as much, but it's nowhere near twice as good....emoto's carbon is excellent quality and great value.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

does the CF quality have any relationship to how prone it is to fading from sunlight? it's very sunny here.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika
does the CF quality have any relationship to how prone it is to fading from sunlight? it's very sunny here.
Wish I had that problem right now!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 03:03 PM

I have both....if we leave the value for money point to one side, as there is no argument here at all, as the MV stuff is just too pricey to compare.
But quality is another issue all together.
Quality wise at 2x the price the MV stuff is just top shelf, and leave you in no doubt that you have the best carbon, best fit and best visuals you can fit to your bike. But the price is a bit silly...
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 02:46 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta01
I have both....if we leave the value for money point to one side, as there is no argument here at all, as the MV stuff is just too pricey to compare.
But quality is another issue all together.
Quality wise at 2x the price the MV stuff is just top shelf, and leave you in no doubt that you have the best carbon, best fit and best visuals you can fit to your bike. But the price is a bit silly...

So are you saying, Graham that whilst IYO MV stuff is the best, Emoto is the better value for money? I suppose it comes down to how much of a perfectionist you are and/or how fat your wallet is!

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 05:36 AM

John,
Lets just say that the 'non MV sp' carbon I have purchased stands out as inferior to the gen stuff. Is it noticible to the passer by...? no of course not, but I know! And maybe this is just because I do want the best.
This is such a subjective issue, and I don't for a second want to question quality and value of products from Emoto and many others, as without them we would have no choice, so they all play a significant role in our passion, and for all intent are really good products.
But the original question posed was the MV sp or Emoto as a quality comparo....and really there is no debate, MV sp wins by a country mile...as you already have made the point so well....its just a question of if you are prepared to pay for it!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode