Improvement on brutale 1090RR? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Improvement on brutale 1090RR?

Any advise? What can I buy to improve 1090RR even more?

-exhaust (which is better, cannonball, arrow or akrapovic?)
-Race ECU? (which brand)
-PVC5

Please feel free to write down any suggestion and advise

My brutale is 2013 year...

Thanks

There are a lot of beautiful motorcycles in the world, but MV Agusta Brutale is something else
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 08:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
hello
Exhaust - HP corsa best !!!!!

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM

That is mapped by REXXER with MV Corse headers and snorkels in airbox removed:

Power at rear wheel!

Never go for the MV Corse ECU - wasted money. Very bad fueling.
Day and night experience after ECU was mapped on the dyno.

I would also go for a rearset. But then you need to get rid of the bulky heat shield of the mufflers.

Jochen

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Established Member

Hi Cherche.

Looks really good. I am looking for all the good stuff I have to do with mine during the winter

I read on a previous thread that you did a lot with the box. Do you have pictures of the alterations you did? Is it only the snorkels inside? You didn't make the intake bigger, they seem to be very small.

And last but not least, did you reprogram the ECU? Mounted Powercommander or Microtech?

Thanks a lot for sharing

Mikael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks people

There are a lot of beautiful motorcycles in the world, but MV Agusta Brutale is something else
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM
col

New Site Garage
Ijucani
it all depends what your going to do with it really
if you want to track race it ask donsy ( but you will prob have to start from the floor up)
street race it, then its better brakes new chipsets change the bars new rearsets , i would change the head light to a dominater twin set up HID
just remember when you tune a motor up it has to riden hard not cruise about .....you cant just sit down the coffee lounge telling every one what its got ..it has to be used
just customise it , then again that your personality that goes into it
or if your doing it to posse buy a harley buel

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelBrutale View Post
Hi Cherche.

Looks really good. I am looking for all the good stuff I have to do with mine during the winter

I read on a previous thread that you did a lot with the box. Do you have pictures of the alterations you did? Is it only the snorkels inside? You didn't make the intake bigger, they seem to be very small.

And last but not least, did you reprogram the ECU? Mounted Powercommander or Microtech?

Thanks a lot for sharing

Mikael
Hi Mikael,

I did remove these weird inner tubes inside the airbox of the newer models B5 (920 - 1090). All former B4 models do not have theses tubes. So it is just an "upgrade" towards the former design where laws on noise were not so strikt as today.

Pics are here in this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=airbox+tubes

Your bike does not have these inner tubes so.

I also took off the rubber snorkels. The inner diameter of these were only 38 mm or 1,5" - very tiny..... The ones of the B4 are much larger!

My bike was mapped on the dyno. They used the Rexxer Platinum software to have full access to the ECU. Ignition and fueling have been modified.

The license key to access the ECU with the Rexxer software is 200 € . That is much cheaper than a PCV here (345 €) .

I hope that helps you somewhat.

Jochen

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Established Member

Hi Jochen.

Thanks it's very helpfull. It's because I bought a new 1090rr year 2012, so just wanted to get good insights. I will do the same mods during winter and spring. I dont have my own workshop, so I have to wait

But you have nice rear wheel power I am aiming for that, would be an upgrade from my 910r with 135,5 on rear wheel.

Could you use the Rexxer software with standard ECU? Or did you use the MV Corse Race Ecu?

Cheers

Mikael

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherche View Post
Hi Mikael,

I did remove these weird inner tubes inside the airbox of the newer models B5 (920 - 1090). All former B4 models do not have theses tubes. So it is just an "upgrade" towards the former design where laws on noise were not so strikt as today.

Pics are here in this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=airbox+tubes

Your bike does not have these inner tubes so.

I also took off the rubber snorkels. The inner diameter of these were only 38 mm or 1,5" - very tiny..... The ones of the B4 are much larger!

My bike was mapped on the dyno. They used the Rexxer Platinum software to have full access to the ECU. Ignition and fueling have been modified.

The license key to access the ECU with the Rexxer software is 200 € . That is much cheaper than a PCV here (345 €) .

I hope that helps you somewhat.

Jochen
The platinum software however is not so cheap for the dyno centre and not that common around the world.

You're absolutely right in that the key is cheaper than a PCV but if the local centre doesn't have platinum software then the best they might get is a one time map reflash and will then have to make whatever corrections might be required with a PCV or PCIII.

So there is more cost, less adjustment and dyno time required.

All routes have pro's and cons and some are only ones that make sense when someone has the luxury of a dyno centre with all the toys at their disposal local to them.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljucani View Post
Any advise? What can I buy to improve 1090RR even more?

-exhaust (which is better, cannonball, arrow or akrapovic?)
-Race ECU? (which brand)
-PVC5

Please feel free to write down any suggestion and advise

My brutale is 2013 year...

Thanks
Everything depends on what sort of results you're after.

Obviously we do the Microtec stuff and have had fantastic results with it. The ECU itself fully supports all the standard options such as switchable maps, traction control but also has quickshifter input, launch control and full control of the traction maps and adjustment settings in the Dash.

Through all of these settigns we make massive gains to low down power, mid range torque and overall peak power from the bike. The engine revs faster, smoother and more cleanly which running cooler and being more fuel efficient.

All of that can be acheived with a Standard exhaust fitted as they don't actually perform that badly for a standard system.

Full systems come down to taste and budgets really, do you want to keep the twin can look or go for a low slung GP style etc. What sort of look are you after?

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode