Hello and ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Hello and ?

Hello Fellow awesome people! Im Jeremy From Michigan. Have had my 2010 f4 for 2 summers now! My (fiancee at the time now wife) Bought it for me as a early wedding gift! I was stoked, The opportunity was there and she let me pick from the whole showroom. We walked in to check out the Diavel, she loved it because of the low seat she could actually ride it with her short stature.... then i seen it... The Titanium/silver f4.. Always wanted an MV Agusta and she said "If you always wanted one, then this is a no brainer" .. two months later she ordered a carbon fiber front fender, rear hugger and a Full RG4 exhaust! SHE ROCKS! Low sided the bike this year back in april, All i can say is lucky for insurance,,, it was a hefty bill! Took a month but got it back in prestine condition again.... have had all updates performed, got heat shielding warrantied to new style hardened shielding... And now like many i am just waiting for tank update.. which lucky for me has not swelled too bad ...

Unfortunately for what we paid for the RG4 even the wife is disappointed in the loudness of it (of coarse her 2008 busa has a full brock exhaust) .. I know the RG4 and "race ecu" is a combo thing and it was run on a dyno to adjust any flat spots. Our question is can we Run a BODIS slip on set up on the rg4 header, with that ecu? From what i kinda read the ecu pretty much leveled out the fuel/air for the cat removal and exhaust butterfly? so adding the slip on wouldnt be a issue would it? worst comes to worst i pay the $350 for a dyno again.. But we are already kinda over extending our "exhaust budget" seeings were already 3500 into the rg4 set up.... Then again we already know $$$=MV haha

speaking of $$$ i know im new and cant post on classifieds yet but when i can, i will post the stock exhaust (minus stock) :wink wink:

Last edited by xonelifex; 09-11-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 01:32 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Welcome to the forum Jeremy,yes the Bodis slip-on will fit and keep using the race ECU,if your exhaust valve is not already dissconnected you will have to with the Bodis as I understand.Contact Alex at GP Racing (site sponsor) for more advice on Bodis.Of coarse a Dyno run will tell if all is OK.
PS. Don't let go of that wife of yours,she's awsome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 AM
MRT

Welcome Jeremy.....Mitchy has already covered your question, but I have a question for you - where did you find a girl like that???? Well done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:49 AM

Welcome..

I like a woman who keeps me in line lol..otherwise wheres the challenge ; )

joe
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Welcome to the family !!!!
Just a side note, my understanding is the Bodis is even louder than the RGs....may want a second opinion on that, though.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

I may have worded that wrong esq'z, her and I want it louder... we both hoped the rg4 would of been louder then it is. . I intended to email alex for bodis knowledge just thought I would use it towards my 1st post. I love the square tailpipes but obviously the square option is dead as far as making it louder... I know complaining of loudness makes me sound squidly haha I just want a more angry lamborgini sound rather then a Ferrari testerossa

Last edited by xonelifex; 09-11-2013 at 07:03 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

I have the new Bodis slip on my 2012 and the mv coarse headers with the race Ecu. I can tell you now you will need a new map with the Bodis slip on. My bike was running way to rich. I went with a bazzazz fuel management and quick shifter. Got a great map done at Adams Performance (tuner that does ricky gadsons engine on the zx-14) and it pulls better than ever with the sound so awesome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

oh okay! that is exactly what i was hoping to hear DAG! Thank You! Even today on my ride home from work i road higher in the rpm's before shifting and this rg4 is just not cutting it... Dont get me wrong its still nice sound but isnt quite what i was looking for.. But it was what was available other then the moto corsa $7600 at the time... I figured a dyno was going to be a must as any lil mod requires a visit to the dyno table... I think they tweaked mine a little due to a couple flat spots but its sounding that "race ecu" isnt as "adjustable" as i would of thought. I believe someone stated it was actually just a reflashed ecu that comes with the rg4 full system...

I am probably going to need to replace the evo tech license plate holder too probably by the looks of it...

two years with this bike and it still gets me pumped! For years to always dream of owning one of the finest machines on two wheels and finally getting one .. never regretting it one minute is just a great thrill! Makes me feel like a million bucks ... Cruising thru town i feel like a kick ass theme song to a show/movie should be playing haha

Last edited by xonelifex; 09-11-2013 at 07:16 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 07:35 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Welcome to the family !!!!
Just a side note, my understanding is the Bodis is even louder than the RGs....may want a second opinion on that, though.
Considerably louder.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:52 AM

Welcome to the cult and thank you for acknowledging my awesomeness

Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode