Nemesis Traction Control System for Gen1 F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

Nemesis Traction Control System for Gen1 F4

Anybody have any feedback based on experience or awareness of this system on F4s?

http://competitionsystems.co.uk/product.php?id=175

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 09-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Banned

Neat. I notice it uses rotor bolts for it's sense. Personally one of the things that really appeals to me about my F4 is it's lack of helpful electronics but if you have a use for it it looks pretty cool. Nice to know something like this exists if the need ever arrises.

I took my MV to the track with tires that were older than I thought and the rear tire was quite slithery. While slightly disconcerting it was pretty predictable and easy to control. Or I was just plain lucky. New tires went on before the next session.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Established Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
Personally one of the things that really appeals to me about my F4 is it's lack of helpful electronics
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Established Member

Last one of the Mohicans!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Established Member

yeah gotta say i have traction control on my 2010 F4 and the only time i've ever switched it on was just to test it and see how it works.... i wouldn't bother spending the money... its the front tyre leting go you've really gotta worry about, the rear is just throttle control
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 PM

New Site Garage
This is for the 1000R onwards model only, according to an enquiry I made some time ago.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennessy View Post
yeah gotta say i have traction control on my 2010 F4 and the only time i've ever switched it on was just to test it and see how it works.... i wouldn't bother spending the money... its the front tyre leting go you've really gotta worry about, the rear is just throttle control
Exactly!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 03:50 AM

New Site Garage
Nothing wrong with having traction control, if nobody had it on their bikes it would be a different story.
But it's out there, and some people actually know how to use it too.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Formerly WYD OPN

This isn't an either/or right/wrong issue. It's subjective preference.

I can appreciate TC and other electronics, even though I'm old-school and prefer much of my riding to be of the "analog" variety rather than "digital". Riding a BMW HP4 or 'Priller RSV4 Factory will change anyone's mind about the usefulness and effectiveness of TC, etc.

I just wondered if anyone had any actual first- or second-hand experience with the Nemesis system. Not to feed the pro- or anti- debate, but to indicate if it's a good product or not. Not all such electronics systems are created equally, needless to say.

An aftermarket TC system is a product I'm cautious about purchasing, but I'm interested in retrofitting such a system for a project F4. Electronics are the future, like it or else. I want to experience a good system on a Gen1 F4 before I determine my preference.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
This isn't an either/or right/wrong issue. It's subjective preference.

I can appreciate TC and other electronics, even though I'm old-school and prefer much of my riding to be of the "analog" variety rather than "digital". Riding a BMW HP4 or 'Priller RSV4 Factory will change anyone's mind about the usefulness and effectiveness of TC, etc.

I just wondered if anyone had any actual first- or second-hand experience with the Nemesis system. Not to feed the pro- or anti- debate, but to indicate if it's a good product or not. Not all such electronics systems are created equally, needless to say.

An aftermarket TC system is a product I'm cautious about purchasing, but I'm interested in retrofitting such a system for a project F4. Electronics are the future, like it or else. I want to experience a good system on a Gen1 F4 before I determine my preference.
Yeah. That's a good way of looking at it.

Looking at the system itself it uses the rotor bolts for it's sensors. The only comment that I have is I have seen some digital speedo's that use that. Some of the digital speedo's are "slow" to react due to using the bolts as a sense. On a traction control system being slow to react might mean more sliding before the system reacts. At higher speeds this could be an issue. I would put that under a microscope a bit more and find out how "quickly" the system can react. Most of the ABS and TC systems on modern machines use a perforated rotor and optical sensors and have easily double to triple the sense points. You might not get the same level of performance as you would on a factory installed system because of that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode