MV Agusta Forum banner

F4-S pc3 problem

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DimST 
#1 ·
Hello i have Mv F4-S i install´d pc3 and got my self decat pipe from Arrow this summer so i used open exhaust map from dynojet and the bike works fine i drag-race´t the bike one weekend after these chance´s and all good,

the weekend after thet i decided to lower the front end so i removed the front and to get to the triple tree and un plugd the ox sensor and day after i took the bike on the trailer in the rain for like 250km to the track and the bike run fine the first 1/4mile and the second,3,4 run it didin´t have any power after 9000rpm but the rpm kept rising, sometimes in 1 gear it chokes for like 1sec and then the power delivers, and in nutral it sounds like it backfires any idea for me

could it be the pc3 got wet from the rain and got shortcourcut so it running a litle lean
or ma be damage ox sensor ?

best regards from the only F4 in Iceland

#2 ·
I believe you need to leave the o2 sensor capped off once you install a pc3. I would call dyno jet tech support to double check. Secondly you need a custom map built for your bike. The ones online are just base runs from the bike it was developed on so it's not at all accurate for your bike. That is why you have the poppin, lag time etc... All about fuel/air ratio.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#3 ·
it should run on a basemap, and it did for a whole month this summer.

the bike seams to run fine cold soon as it gets hot is starts to run like it´s chokes now and then on all rpm curve from 3000-11000rpm ans some sort of back fire.

#6 ·
there is no dealer for Mv in Iceland, i´m going to disconnect the pc and see if the bike runs right, i did not try the zero map but i chance maps last night and it didn't chance a thing still run like a idiot. so next thing is to cut out the pc.

thanks mate´s :yo:

#5 ·
Quickest way to find out if its the PC is to disconnect it(leave it on the bike but just reconnect oem wires). If the bikes doesn't act up you know to contact PC. If its still doing the same thing then i'm sure folks on here could try to help you trace down the issue.

#8 ·
Hordursp,
Contact Adam on here who posts as Merc07, ditch the PC3 get a custom eprop from him and dowload the free softwear he has written to get you TPS reset, Adam knows the 1000S very well and can sort this problem.
jimboF4

#11 ·
EBS is a possibility and needs to be checked but remember, pc3 and every software or hardware that has to do with fueling or ignition is crucial for the health and longevity of the engine. I've seen tenths of bikes that used a downloaded map than actually worked worst, on lean but usually on rich side.
So, since you will visit the shop you work with, remember to ask them for a custom map and also to inform you how the map you had worked with the bike.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.