Need to Recover Seat - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
LMB

Need to Recover Seat

I own a 1078RR. Rear seat flew off at speed and I need to have it recovered. Any suggestions as to competent people for the job would be most appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
I own a 1078RR. Rear seat flew off at speed and I need to have it recovered. Any suggestions as to competent people for the job would be most appreciated
where do you live mate.?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLEIN
XTZ 1200
1078RR
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
LMB

California, USA......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 05:43 PM

UnaRosa had his rear seat cover done by a place that does boat interiors here locally. It looks good. I'm sure a place like that wouldn't be hard to find in CA
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:28 PM

It`s not a hard repair. Stretch a material of your choice over the old vinyl and use quality ss staples.

B750 and B1078 RR both gone now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."~Mark Twain
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Established Member

I bought the Lui Moto covers for my seats. I was going to install the covers myself, but after looking the seats over carefully realized it's not that easy: the seat has a deep recess that requires your stapler to have a long thin head. Most electric staplers do not. I ended up taking the covers and seats to Rich's custom seats here in Washington (Kingston). If your not confident doing it yourself save yourself some grief and take it to a pro. If you have a pneumatic stapler, that's what the upholstery shops use. Setting the pressure correctly is part of the trick: too high and the staples cut right through the material, too low and they don't penetrate the plastic all the way and will work loose. You also need to use some longer staples where the fabric layers get thick, like at the very tip if the rear seat. I'm sure there must be some good sources in California. If not, ship it to Rich - he will make it right www.richscustomseats.com
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 AM

I don't know if the bottom of the seat pan on a 1078 is any different than my 2011 1090RR, but I recovered mine myself. I too used the Lui Moto seat cover. All I used was an electric stapler , and it came out just fine. I was able to put staples wherever they needed to go no problem. If you do entertain the idea of doing it yourself, watch a few you tube tutorials first. That way you can see it done.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
LMB

Thanks everyone for the responses.....Any chance someone can send me pics of the Lui Motos....sounds like a great idea.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Established Member

Check Motovation's site. There are good photos there. It was the rear passenger seat on my bike that had the deep recess that I could not get my stapler into, the rider's seat not so much. For what Rich charged me it was worth having him do both. It was worth the ferry ride on a beautiful day - and he did it in an hour while I waited and BS'd with his staff and other customers. He's got a pretty cool setup with a pristine campground next to his shop for overnighters (a lot of his customers ride in from out of state), RV hook up and even a couple of guest rooms above the shop.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Established Member

From rear

Lui Moto
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode