CLIC R Hose Clamps for MY2010 MV Agusta F4 and SAMCO Sililcone Hoses - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

CLIC R Hose Clamps for MY2010 MV Agusta F4 and SAMCO Sililcone Hoses

Guys,

I just completed the installation of a SAMCO red silicone hose set on my MY2010 MV Agusta F4 and want to say it really looks good…really good!...against that satin black engine. With this done, time to document exactly what CLIC R hose clamps will work with this silicone hose set as the OEM clamps which come with the bike do not all work with the silicone hoses. Overall, the silicone hoses are a bit thicker in wall diameter than the factory OEM hoses and this causes about half of the OEM hose clamps to be too small for proper installation and locking.

So, after working a lot with Alex at GP Racing (many thanks Alex as you saved me!!!) we were able to obtain all the correct CLIC R clamps which correctly installs the silicone hoses on the bike and still retain the OEM look.

The most important thing to first get is the proper tool to do the job, which is the Caillau CLIC R Hose Clamp plier #205. Yes, you can use needle-nose pliers, end cutters, etc, but the proper tool makes a frustrating job take only a few seconds. More importantly, it will not damage the CLIC R clamps as their stamped steel construction is a bit more fragile than one might think. Just get the #205 pliers and do not be cheap…it is worth it!

Here are the sizes of CLIC R clamps which fit my SAMCO hose kit:

· Radiator overflow tube…66-120 (need one)
· Radiator expansion tank tube…66-120 (need two)
· Right side radiator hose…96-325 (need two)
· Left side thermostat-to-radiator tube…66-120 (need two)
· Left side thermostat-to-upper-radiator hose…96-315 (need one for radiator side) and 96-345 (need one for thermostat side)
· Left side radiator stub…96-225 (need one)
· Left side crossover tube connector hose…96-320 (need two)
· Left side water pump reducer connector hose…96-320 (need one for top) and 96-350 (need one for bottom)
· Left side water jacket-water pump hose….96-320 (need one for water jacket) and 96-325 (need one for water pump)

And some comments learned the hard way:

· Get the pliers
· Remove the MV F4 side panels, bottom panel and gas tank….it will be much easier and also give you the opportunity to more thoroughly clean the bike. The tank might be a problem to remove as mine was already swelling from ethanol gas and was a very tight fit….just take your time and it will come out.
· The SAMCO hoses are all handmade and thus might have slight wall-thickness differences than mine….be patient and use a different size clamp if necessary
· Take your time as the CLIC R clamps can be stretched too far as their adjustment range is fairly small
· If in doubt, you can go up one size larger than what I list…but DO NOT go any size smaller…use my listing or one size larger and you will be fine
· Some hoses will take two different size CLIC R clamps, depending on which end you are dealing with. This is because the attachment points are not always the same diameter and thus each end of the hose might have a different clamp requirement.
· If in doubt on where to get a different clamp size, call Alex and he will square you away
· Get the pliers

Overall, the red silicone hoses look simply wonderful and were absolutely worth the effort. The SAMCO factory made them for an exact fit to the bike and each bend, angle and length are precise. No trimming, forcing, etc. was required in the slightest. If you take the body panels off first, get the Caillau #205 pliers and work with Alex on the CLIC R clamps you will be successful…no doubt about it.

Head Tomcat
Northern VA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Must have a problem with my computer..............I can't see the pics???

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

No Pics!

It took long enough to get every CLIC R clamp sorted out that once I flushed/refilled the system with coolant...all the bodywork went back on!

The Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode