STM slipper clutch parts - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2
STM slipper clutch parts

Purchased a STM slipper Clutch off Ebay, but missing a spacing washer from the kit, part number 0F3SR450A220045
Struggling to find someone to source this part off any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.
daabound is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
silentservice703's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Duxbury, MA, USA
Posts: 21,024
Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
The guy you bought it from?

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020


'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
silentservice703 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum David. I recently bought quote a few STM parts via Design Corse, send Al an email, he might be able to help.
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by daabound View Post
Purchased a STM slipper Clutch off Ebay, but missing a spacing washer from the kit, part number 0F3SR450A220045
Struggling to find someone to source this part off any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Send an email to partsunlimited here in the US and ask them if they have the part on hand. Chances are they wouldn't but they can order one for ya.(or so i've been told)
I've tried to contact STM directly for odd bits here and there to no avail. They are no help, but if you contact the importer for your area(should be listed in the STM site) they can either get one for you directly(if they are nice) or send you to the distributor who will send you to a retailer who will in turn call them back after you call them and order the same exact part you just tried to get. :rolleyes

Also, understand that if the part is needed to be ordered from STM then you will have to wait until sept. because everyone is out on vacation for august.

FYI, some bikes do not require the spacing washer. Not sure how this applies to all Agusta models for this brand, but they do try to design a clutch to cover as many bike models as possible. For example some of the 1krr used it and others didn't. Plus they had made a design change in the manufacturing run so figuring out which needed it and which didn't was sometimes tricky when asking retailers(they don't know poop and the install paperwork/pdf's changed with no updates---was just a change in the fitment years but still no designation which years required what). Had to actually get hold of the U.S. importer who had to email STM to find out what was what.

Example: STM made the clutch to fit 04-07 1krr.....yet then designated in the fitment part list that 04-05 was one clutch with their own part numbers and the 06-07 clutch got new part numbers and the washer. This seems simple enough to say the 06-07 clutch must use a spacer, but STM made it appear as though it was a whole new clutch design and one had to order the different clutch. The irony is one couldn't just order the washer to update their clutch fitment but had to buy the new clutch for 06-07 to get the washer. It wasn't until a couple years later that one could just buy the washer by itself. That is if you could ever find anybody to be able to find a way to order just that part. Most retailers don't think its possible....or simply just don't care to deal with the hassle.

What is the point of all that? I guess its to let you know it might be a good idea to get in touch with the importer(or STM directly if they ever get back to you) with your specific model bike and year and ask them if you do in fact "need" the spacer washer to fit the clutch properly.
I say skip retailers because they aren't going to have any real idea as they are just looking on a computer screen/book from STM repeating back to you info that you already know. Chances are importers won't know off hand either, but they are the best route for definitive info. and sourcing the part.
varium is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by daabound View Post
Purchased a STM slipper Clutch off Ebay, but missing a spacing washer from the kit, part number 0F3SR450A220045
Struggling to find someone to source this part off any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
Send an email to partsunlimited here in the US and ask them if they have the part on hand. Chances are they wouldn't but they can order one for ya.(or so i've been told)
I've tried to contact STM directly for odd bits here and there to no avail. They are no help, but if you contact the importer for your area(should be listed in the STM site) they can either get one for you directly(if they are nice) or send you to the distributor who will send you to a retailer who will in turn call them back after you call them and order the same exact part you just tried to get. :rolleyes

Also, understand that if the part is needed to be ordered from STM then you will have to wait until sept. because everyone is out on vacation for august.

FYI, some bikes do not require the spacing washer. Not sure how this applies to all Agusta models for this brand, but they do try to design a clutch to cover as many bike models as possible. For example some of the 1krr used it and others didn't. Plus they had made a design change in the manufacturing run so figuring out which needed it and which didn't was sometimes tricky when asking retailers(they don't know poop and the install paperwork/pdf's changed with no updates---was just a change in the fitment years but still no designation which years required what). Had to actually get hold of the U.S. importer who had to email STM to find out what was what.

Example: STM made the clutch to fit 04-07 1krr.....yet then designated in the fitment part list that 04-05 was one clutch with their own part numbers and the 06-07 clutch got new part numbers and the washer. This seems simple enough to say the 06-07 clutch must use a spacer, but STM made it appear as though it was a whole new clutch design and one had to order the different clutch. The irony is one couldn't just order the washer to update their clutch fitment but had to buy the new clutch for 06-07 to get the washer. It wasn't until a couple years later that one could just buy the washer by itself. That is if you could ever find anybody to be able to find a way to order just that part. Most retailers don't think its possible....or simply just don't care to deal with the hassle.

What is the point of all that? I guess its to let you know it might be a good idea to get in touch with the importer(or STM directly if they ever get back to you) with your specific model bike and year and ask them if you do in fact "need" the spacer washer to fit the clutch properly.
I say skip retailers because they aren't going to have any real idea as they are just looking on a computer screen/book from STM repeating back to you info that you already know. Chances are importers won't know off hand either, but they are the best route for definitive info. and sourcing the part.
Have either of you got the parts breakdown for that (910R) STM slipper clutch ? I can't seem to find it and only one of the parts list's I have seem to have this washer ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2
thanks guys, Alan from Design Corse came through with the part, as it was arriving the guy from STM eventually emailed me back. though had to wait until end of september for anything to happen.
daabound is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,055
New Site Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by daabound View Post
thanks guys, Alan from Design Corse came through with the part, as it was arriving the guy from STM eventually emailed me back. though had to wait until end of september for anything to happen.
Thanks for getting back to us David, that Alan bloke does okay

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome