Installing F4 100 Quick Change sprocket carrier onto 750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Installing F4 100 Quick Change sprocket carrier onto 750

Hi guys,

Im thinking about putting the stock qc carrier from an f4 1000 onto my 750, could some kind sir send me a quick list of do's and don'ts as id really really like not to screw it up epicly on this particular occaision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 08:07 AM

Charles. QC "set up"

This is my understanding only from staring at manuals and looking at a few bikes..feel free to critique ...Until I have actually stripped down the 2009 and 2010 axles I have, I can't go any further as no measurements yet.

What do to the casual observer looks like the carrier cover is in fact the part that is splined and as such is an element in the stack which means once tightened with the sprocket nut does not move.

The floating part of the carrier does move a little. It's movement inboard ( ie towards the hub has to be impeded by the washer which sits immediately left of the hub unit. This washer needs to impinge on the floating part of the carrier so that this element can't contact the hub. The carrier can still move outboard ie to the left a little on the bobbins ,but not to the right.

This is believed to be Haupti's problem as the washer appears to have too small a diameter to stop the movement of the floating carrier to the right and therefore the castellated end of the hub has been chewed to FCUK ( sorry to swear ; ) .

I'm going to strip back the 2009 hub and axle I have and see what size washer is against the carrier/hub.
I'll photograph the whole lot and dimension it if anyone is interested for the record. I also have 2010 hub I'll do the same too.

It would be very useful Charles , when you strip your 750 to do the same. If you can then we'll have a full picture for reference.
I think that could be useful .
joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 07-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM

New Site Garage
Get the sprocket carrier and cush drive carrier from a 1000, and install it. Read the manual, use the OEM washers...in the right positions. Easy realy.
Make sure you use new sprockets and matchin chain.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM

You need the larger outer diameter spacer 8000A3252.
Other than that it is pretty simple I believe.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 11:02 AM

New Site Garage
Smile +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
You need the larger outer diameter spacer 8000A3252.
Other than that it is pretty simple I believe.
Yup, I think so too. Just to make sure, I would like to hear from other 7fiddy owners also.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

okay cheers, any idea on acquisition time for the bigger washer? or would I be better buying a kit like the afam or talon?

according to design corse "All fittings included."
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyofkrondor View Post
okay cheers, any idea on acquisition time for the bigger washer? or would I be better buying a kit like the afam or talon?

I wouldn't hold my breath on think that AFAM or Talon is supplying spacers with their kits. I suggest You ask Design Corse about it first.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 01:25 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
I had some washers made,contact Noel,he has a few in stock and should be able to post one to you.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyofkrondor View Post

Charles, There is an F4 1000R QR sprocket carrier set up on sale on Ebay for EURO 80.00 complete..Plus a bit of postage . That sounds like a good deal to me ; )

Joe
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Would that be the red one? And thanks guys, i wasnt sure if it would be that simple... I recon my fears would be assuaged if i could get the damn nut of the rear sprocket but absolutly no movement, i even tried an impact driver and yes i am following the manual and turning it anti clockwise, well it would be nice if it would turn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode