Installed my carbon Gas tank - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Installed my carbon Gas tank

A huge thanks goes out to Randy for having his painter help me out. I waited for nearly 2 months for the original painter of my bike to paint my gas tank. I gave up and called Randy to see if he could help. Also a big thanks goes out to Carl for dropping it by on his way to Charlotte today. Here are a couple pics for tonight. I will give her a proper cleaning tomorrow and take some better pictures. And, yes I will be taking her for a ride
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
One last thing. This bike is pure sex. I just stand back with my jaw on the ground admiring her.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:12 PM

That's looking HOT! I'd be drooling too!

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
A huge thanks goes out to Randy for having his painter help me out. I waited for nearly 2 months for the original painter of my bike to paint my gas tank. I gave up and called Randy to see if he could help. Also a big thanks goes out to Carl for dropping it by on his way to Charlotte today. Here are a couple pics for tonight. I will give her a proper cleaning tomorrow and take some better pictures. And, yes I will be taking her for a ride
I hate you Andy, your baby looking great, very nice detail, enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07-MV Senna 201/300 My wife gift for my BD
05-MV F4 Track bike
16-Ducati DVT-S
10-Ducati 1198R
08-Ducati 1098
09-Ducati 848 Her bike turn in track bike
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 PM

I just filled my pants
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Big Randaddy

I was honored to help Randrew on this. My painter, Derrick Smith, is a slow talking, aw shucks, late 30's genius. His work is absolutely spectacular.

He specializes in all kinds of street machine, rat rod, custom, muscle car work. I found him thru a mutual friend that owned a magnificent '70 Nova that Derrick had built. In addition to his obvious talent in paint and body work, he's also a very accomplished engineer and fabricator. Years ago, he built and ran his own low 6's, 200mph Mustang.

He did all the paint and body work on my '34 Harley and sidecar. He works alone, and is booked for the next two years, but as a favor to me, he agreed to do Randrew's work in short order.......after he snooped around on this forum. He was suitably impressed with Randrew's passion and commitment.

I told Derrick that he better be careful, or crazy delusional MV nuts would likely be knocking down his door in mass........ Much to my pleasure, we've become rather good friends, and as such, I've encouraged him to raise his prices everywhere. His patrons, myself included, would gladly pay more for his work.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 PM
SAB

That's absolutely spectacular. Mega. I love it. The paint work is spot on and not covering up too much or revealing too much of the carbon.

The weight of carbon tanks blows my mind. I sourced a 24 liter carbon tank for a friend in AU for his R1...silly light.

If for whatever reason (knock on wood) that you need to have the inside coated at some point to stop a leak, shoot me a pm and I can send some info along your way.

Ok I'm done writing...I'm going to scroll back up and drool some more.

"If I'd never thrown my leg over a bike, I'd never have lived." - Hislop
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 03:45 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Simply the best modified F4 on the planet.
By far.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 04:07 AM

Love it, great job

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 06:36 AM

Amazing !!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode