MyECU engine management for older mv's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

MyECU engine management for older mv's

Hi Guys

Just a small teaser.

Cliff and I have been working on making this ecu compatible with the bikes that use the older type ecu, IAW16.

The ecu at this point is already working really well and the improvement over stock is great.

The ecu has some nice features like closed loop and autotune with the help of the android program and a lambda sensor and makes tunning really easy.

If this generates some interest Cliff could probably add a function to work with the ebs valve on the 1000.

Here some videos I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bjH1lAz8c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeoCTy86hrY

At this point the hardware is plug and play but the maps still need some fine tunning some parts that are hard to tune on the road.

I will try to keep you guys posted.

Here a link to Cliff's forum and webpage

http://cajinnovations.com/yabb0/YaBB...41301517/75#85

http://www.cajinnovations.com/MyECU/index.htm

Cheers

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 AM

New Site Garage
Pretty interresting Rick, way over my head so keep us informed mate.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM

Wish I could understand computers that well. Glad someone does.

2018 Husky 701 Supermoto
2018 Aprilia Tuono 1100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I will try to give some more information about MyECU.

It's a programmable ecu, so you have access to the maps and all the sensors. The hardware is plug and play so no need to modify the wiring loom. The board is designed to fit inside the stock case and uses the same connector, so It looks like stock.

It's available in KIT form so it's good news for guys that know how to solder stuff.

I bought a 2 hand ecu from a local car breakers as some Fiat cars use a similar ecu (IAW16F) so no need to destroy the stock ECU.

It uses a Atmel mega324 at 16Mhz and has 10bits analog to digital converters so more speed and resolution compared to the 68HC11 of the IAW(4mhz and 8 bit ADC).

You have 5 15X16 tables fuel map, ignition advance map, offset map, injector advance map and AFR targets for the closed loop operation, and all the other typical corrections like barometric correction, air temperature, water temperatures, injector dead time and coil dwell. I was able to get this info for the stock injectors and coil.

Unfortunately the injectors are a bit small as they run really close to 100% duty cycle. Should be close to 80%.

The Spr has the same red band injectors?

Doug Lofgren said this some years ago on his pages...

I'm hoping we can have a quick shifter input in the future. Also developing at this moment the circuit to kill the engine when the side stand is not retracted. The MV seems to be the only one that uses the ecu for this.

Regarding the videos, This first video I was checking the timing with the scope. The top trace is the ignition pulse for cylinder 1-4 and the bottom trace is the signal generated by the crank sensor.

It's this signal that gives the timing reference for the ecu. it's generated by a 24-2 missing tooth wheel so 22 and missing 2. This gap generates the signature region and this is what gives the ecu it's pulse 1 so it know where it is on the engine stroke.

Engine Tdc is on pulse 7 of the missing tooth wheel so that way you can check timing. Each pulse means 15 degree of difference so it's quite sensitive to this. The MV doesn't have a port to use a strobe light. At one point I was thinking of doing a plexyglass "f4 cover" to check the timing with a strobe light but was able to do it with the scope.

The second video is the new program that works on android phones and tabs with Bluetooth, so with the aid of a antenna you get wireless datalog, autotune with an external lambda probe and tunning of most of the map.

Cheers

Rcik

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode